Possible escape!?!?!

peetree

Arachnopeon
Hey guys so I just got a little Asian Forrest scorpion and yesterday I put him in his enclosure . So he found a hide I made to the far right under the log . So last night he came out of the hide and went back in a few times and I thought maybe I should try to feed him . So I put a few crickets in . Well I waited a few minutes and thought I’d check to see if he did eat and I could see him but he had not taken the cricket . I waited a little while longer checked him again and he wasn’t there . Now being new that this and looking back on it I was probably annoying him so he may have dug the hide further back . I just can’t see him and I can’t see where he could have tunneled unless the substrate collapsed behind him . I just want to find him so I know he’s okay ! Any advice ? Thanks guys IMG_1820.jpeg IMG_1827.jpeg IMG_1820.jpeg

jbooth

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Was it left open or something? Or super tiny? not seeing how it got out. If it can't get out, it's in there...

peetree

Arachnopeon
I don’t think he got out I may just be paranoid. I had the front open when I put the cricket in but for him to get out he would have had to run past me . It was just so weird he was there and then he wasn’t . The problem is I can’t see where he could have gone . Now if he burrowed and the substrate collapsed I wouldn’t see him and that makes sense. If he’s in there and I think he is I don’t wanna tear everything apart looking for him . Should I just wait a few days ya think ?

Craig

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
You could always get a black light to double check. Don't use it all the time though. It seems to stress scorpions.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
You could always get a black light to double check. Don't use it all the time though. It seems to stress scorpions.
I read from a senior scorp keeper here UV lights soften their exoskeleton.

Joey Spijkers

Arachnoprince
You'll find this is probably not the last time it happens. No need to stress when you can't find it, it'll pop up again 😉.