Planning on buying a Grammostola Pulchripes, would you recommend the Exoterra PT-2265?

SultanBlyat

Arachnopeon
Hello, I'm planning on buying my first Tarantula soon, I've decided I want to buy the Grammostola Pulchripes (Chaco Golden Knee). I've been looking at the Exoterra PT-2265 faunarium for a while now, so I'd like to know from people who have the PT-2265, would you recommend it to me, or are there better faunarims, or terrariums for the Grammostola Pulchripes? Thanks in advance!

Thekla

Arachnoprince
I'd say that should work nicely for a bigger juvenile or adult G. pulchripes. It's high enough so can fill in a lot of substrate and surely big enough as well.

But that all depends on the size of the T you'll be getting. Like I said, for a larger specimen this would work fine, but if you'll get a sling or juvie I'd look into something smaller.

I always recommend reading this thread for beginners: http://arachnoboards.com/threads/tarantula-information-for-beginners-and-more.318718/
Loads of really helpful und useful information. :)

Killertut

Arachnosquire
as you are living in europe a standard spider terrarium out of glass should be a lot cheaper than exo terra. i only get thouse on clearance sales.

a question though: how big is the T?

SultanBlyat

Arachnopeon
as you are living in europe a standard spider terrarium out of glass should be a lot cheaper than exo terra. i only get thouse on clearance sales.

a question though: how big is the T?
I'm planning on buying a 10cm female

I'd say that should work nicely for a bigger juvenile or adult G. pulchripes. It's high enough so can fill in a lot of substrate and surely big enough as well.

But that all depends on the size of the T you'll be getting. Like I said, for a larger specimen this would work fine, but if you'll get a sling or juvie I'd look into something smaller.

I always recommend reading this thread for beginners: http://arachnoboards.com/threads/tarantula-information-for-beginners-and-more.318718/
Loads of really helpful und useful information. :)
I'll be getting a 10cm female, so it should be a fine enclosure for it. And thanks for the thread you linked, it's extremely helpful, but I've been sucking up information for the last year or so, now i just need the actual tarantula lmao

Last edited by a moderator:

SultanBlyat

Arachnopeon
I have a female around that size and she is currently housed in a medium flat faunarium (PT2300)
I'm planning on spicing up the enclosure, and i want to give the tarantula the ability to dig some deep burrows if it wants to, the flat faunarium seems a little to flat for me.

How would you say your T thrives in the PT-2300?

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
I'm planning on spicing up the enclosure, and i want to give the tarantula the ability to dig some deep burrows if it wants to, the flat faunarium seems a little to flat for me.

How would you say your T thrives in the PT-2300?
Mine hasn't burrowed since she was a sling so the extra substrate depth would be wasted on her. Had her in there for the best part of a year and she's doing great. They're great for non-burrowing terrestrials, I also keep my B. auratum/B. emilia/B.hamorii in them.

View media item 58688

SultanBlyat

Arachnopeon
Mine hasn't burrowed since she was a sling so the extra substrate depth would be wasted on her. Had her in there for the best part of a year and she's doing great. They're great for non-burrowing terrestrials, I also keep my B. auratum/B. emilia/B.hamorii in them.

View media item 58688
I might consider the PT-2300 instead, thank you for your information!

Last edited: