Picture of the new australis!!

Fergrim

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
There she is :)

Stinger looks short to me but not too short.. I'm thinking it will fully regenerate after one molt.. it looks pretty much functional now. She's about 1.5-1.75 inches and chubby :)

Oh! You can see the spot I was talking about in the picture too.. On the top, back part of her body. Any clue as to what that might be? :)

:)

She's a beauty, though, can't wait till she starts taking food :)

Attachments

dotdman

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Cute little buggers aren't they ;).

Kindest kindest,

Kevin P.

Fergrim

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Thanks guys! I'm really excited about her..

Tried to feed her today, but she wasn't really interested.. so my trans has been feasting all day.. six crickets.. one in each claw and one impaled on her tail.. heh.

She's gotten huge herself :)

Both of them are out now!

<3 Buthids!

guesskatiejules

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Fergrim said:
Tried to feed her today, but she wasn't really interested.. so my trans has been feasting all day.. six crickets.. one in each claw and one impaled on her tail.. heh.
You should get a picture of that!

I'm sure the new little one will eat soon. She's probably still getting used to her environment and easing out of the shock she must have gotten being shipped.

PS- It looks awesome with the black sand! You can see the scorpion so much better, and her colours stand out. :)

Wolvie56X

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
the black sand looks awesome, i gotta get me some of that

nice looking scorp and yes, its tail is short compared to the one i have that is roughly 1.75" but im sure it will regenerate, welcome to the dark side my son ;)

King_Baboon_Guy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Lovely AA mate.

I have one and she is just around the 2" mark. She is awesome.

Where did you get her from?

Fergrim

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Carolina Specialty :)

She -is- wonderful.. I'm still a bit worried about some black lesions she has on her joints and chitin.. but I think when she molts they should disappear.

Here's hoping :)

And thank you!

King_Baboon_Guy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
They should do. She is looking pretty chubby which may indicate that she is nearing a molt.

As long as her conditions are right, low humidity, then she should be happy and content.

Have you seen her hunt yet? Mine likes to hold its telson in its victim for quite some time.

It is hard to believe that something that small can cause serious problems with its venom. Amazing or what??!!!!

MACZ

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
King_Baboon_Guy said:
They should do. She is looking pretty chubby which may indicate that she is nearing a molt.

As long as her conditions are right, low humidity, then she should be happy and content.

Have you seen her hunt yet? Mine likes to hold its telson in its victim for quite some time.

It is hard to believe that something that small can cause serious problems with its venom. Amazing or what??!!!!

Nice to see you back Scott,Had me worried I thought your AA had got you:D;)

Fergrim

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
No.. I haven't seen her make a kill.. She's much too skittish after I've taken her lid off to do anything in front of me.

I'm hoping she calms down soon :)

King_Baboon_Guy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yes back off holiday now MACZ :(

Straight away I checked on all my scorpions and tarantulas to see if they were ok.

The AA is fine. She was in hiding when I got back. She is a right little greedy thing.

How are your scorpling AA's doing? Any new scorps?

Cheers
Scott

Fergrim

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Mods, please rename my thread "Homecoming" or "Reunion" or something like that :)