Pics Needed

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Hi,
Im Trying to put together loads of pics in regard to Heterometrus,
with ID pics, of Prosoma granulation and claws etc, so that everyone who has a "heterometrus spp" from "asia" can have a rough idea of the species,
whether its subgenus or species,

so far i have H.laoticus H.spinifer and soon H.swammerdami

but i need LOADS of pics from YOU GUYS!

id love some more H.spinifer pics, and H.longimanus if any of you people will be so kind?

the end product will be in PDF, and will use some of the "revision of heterometrus" notes on how to differentiate, including info on the species in question, its differences (both behavioral and physical) to other heterometrus

and also Pandinus vs heterometrus ID help,

anyone willing to give me a few pics? (with copywrite if you want)

thanks,
George

EDIT: oh yea, if you want to gimme pics ;) then email them to g.carnell@gmail.com please, and leave them as uncut as possible, thanks!

Raan_Jodus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I think I have some shots of my dead H. Spinifer under black light. Thats about all i can do for ya tho :p

Richard_uk

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
George,
It sounds like an amazing priject you are undertaking, and I look forward to the results
but one problem i can see is that 99% of people will just be going on face value that the species they have labelled as H. spinifer IS this species because that is what it was sold to them as. I feel it may be neccesary for you to 100% identify the species before using it in this way.
I have heterometrus species on my website, one is labelled casually as being spinifer but I am in no way sure. You are though more than welcome to use any of the pictures as you see fit.

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
hehe cheers,
Looks like a spinifer.. theyre quite different from other
its spinifer or longimanus me thinks (in terms of general shape)

if i get this done, then it will be aimed at people who WANT to id their scorp,
although frankly i dont understand much of the "revision of heterometrus thingi"
but if i get a few detailed pics, with locality it MIGHT work ;p

nice revamp of your site btw

Mesobuthus

Arachnopeon
The pictures are coming soon, I hope the are oke :D
If you need more let me no

Greetings Peter