Petco Deals

MilkmanWes

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Got these two beauties at Petco for $40 each. All their Red Knees are 60% off right now in the area. Picked up the B. smithi at one Petco and then drove to another one and got a B. emelia. Wooot!

Attachments

eksong

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Are petco tarantulas wild caught or captive bred?

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
eksong said:
Are petco tarantulas wild caught or captive bred?
The Brachys in the pics are probably captive bred since Mexico won't allow export of their animals anynore. Anyway that would be my guess.

BTW Wes, Those are nice additions you got there. I just got a B smithi and B boehmei Sunday and are my first Brachys in 20+ years.

MilkmanWes

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
According to every Petco associate I have asked - and I ask them at every store - All animals sold there must be captive bred in the US as a matter of company policy. How this is enforced or ensured though, I dunno.

Going to another Petco this weekend to see what version of redknees they have. Another locally had what seemed to be another of the red legged brachys but couldnt really get a good look at it.

btorgy

Arachnopeon
Yeah, their on sale in Arizona as well, from $99.00 to $39.99. I am sooo tempted, but that means buying another tank, which I just don't have at the moment. Might just have to wait on that.... (what discipline!!!) ;)

Xanzo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
BT using a tank isn't always the best way to go, tanks are nicer, but more expensive. I keep most of mine in plastic kritter keepers and shortly I will be switching to tupperware storage bins, which are very cheap.

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
the Petco here has 1 T, a chilean rose. it's labeled as a red leg. LOL!

Lycanthrope

Arachnolord
Old Timer
As far as ALL animals being CB, I wish I could say that is true, but it isn't. The volume of adult G. rosea and P. imperator that run through the Memphis area stores alone blows that theory out. There are also a number or reptiles that are WC. (green tree frogs, anoles, coneheads, etc.) The Brachy's are CB though. Obtained through tarantulas.com I believe.