New Genus of Trapdoor spiders

Braden

Arachnoknight
That's so cool! I wonder if their are any other species in the Genus

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
Ay, I believe @Arachnid Addicted already posted the original paper some time back.

Myself and other members of the Invertebrate Club of Southern California have been discussing what we can do to conserve this species, especially since it's in a habitat that could be severely damaged by major storms. We came to the conclusion that more information is needed before any potential solutions can be found.

Thanks,

Arthroverts

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
It’s a pretty incredible find!! Nature is amazing to have evolved and then shielded a species that possibly dates back to 145-66 million years ago!! Time frame is amazing and we think we are the most successful creatures, I say neigh!

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
Not if I have anything to do with it. If these ever make it into the hands of people it should be for the express purpose of breeding, and they should not be sold to just anyone. We don't even know how large the population is up there; a few trips from money-oriented collectors and that species could be gone within a few years.

Thanks,

Arthroverts

Frogdaddy

Arachnoprince
Not if I have anything to do with it. If these ever make it into the hands of people it should be for the express purpose of breeding, and they should not be sold to just anyone. We don't even know how large the population is up there; a few trips from money-oriented collectors and that species could be gone within a few years.

Thanks,

Arthroverts
The researcher in the article hunted for a male for years before he found one. Collectors could snatch up a lot of females and decimate the population beyond survival very quickly.