new buddy:)

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
yesterday i found a big toad sitting next to my house, i took it in and fed it roach then released her, well today i seen it sitting in the same spot lol, so i decided it would be my new pet, i must say what a pig! it must have eaten almost a dozen roaches! what a personality , toads are cool, i'm pretty sure its a bufo americanus and a female it has a light colored throat and is about 4.5" long, hmm maybe i should get more toads:)

hermitman64

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Neat! I have a toad that comes to my porch every night, too. I just catch a june bug flying by a toss it to him. I like toads better than frogs because they can't jump as far and they have rough and dry skin. Are you keeping it in an enclosure inside or are you just going to feed him every night? I want to see pics of your buddy. :)

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
re

i've got her in a 10 gallon with 3-4" of dry peat, with a large shallow water dish for her to soak in, and a bit of moss, and a slab of bark for her to hide behind if she dos'nt burrow, the thing is an eating machine really neat to watch! i also found 2 gray tree frogs around 3" but i let them go (they looked awesome too), i'll get a pic soon--Jeff

btw, lol this toad is gonna live like a queen