New Brachys coming

arachnophoria

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
{D
Brachypelma klaasi,Brachypelma smithi,Brachypelma emilia,are all coming Thursday!!! I only have a few more Brachys to get,bohemei,albiceps,auratum,and baumgarteni(spp?).I love those red legged beauties:D.I gotta get some pix started soon.Maybe these will be me my inspiration.

OldHag

ArachnoHag
Old Timer
mmm I love those brachy too! Even if they make me itchy! Post pictures!!!

smof

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Nice. I have quite a few Brachys (9) but they are all smithi and emilia. I really want a boehmei as my next one. They are a beautiful genus, just wish they would hurry up a bit sometimes, lol.

arachnophoria

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I may be getting my bohemei yet and certainly my auratum:clap:!!
I'm giddy with excitement..lol{D

OldHag

ArachnoHag
Old Timer
mmm the auratum is better looking in person! You wont be dissapointed! Well, for that matter so are the boehmei!!
Smof! they do take for ever to grow!! Ive had a wee emilia for 3 yrs and I dont think its grown half an inch...

arachnophoria

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'm impatient..lol.I generally won't buy anything under 2'' unless it is a fast growing aboreal.My Brachys to come are all 2'' or better and the auratum and maybe(if I get her) bohemei are adult females.I'm salivating with anticipation:drool:.

arachnophoria

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well,as is very typical,just as the time arrives for me to have my new babies shipped.....yes,yes it is time to break this unusual warmth with a blistering cold front and some snow and ice.I love how the only days we had all winter here that were 20F or lower,was when my poor frozen P.ornata was shipped.That T died,thankfully these will just be delayed and while I may be a bit anxious,I will be far happier with live,late Ts,than punctual dead ones.I think me and God should have a talk about how this weather business is supposed to work:mad:.I also am more than likely not getting my bohemei this time,but I will get me a nice female here soon.I think they are the most beautiful Brachy by far.

RKing1950

Arachnopeon
Delivery & size.

Hi All
First time on, but an old hand at T's, kept quite a big collection a while ago. Now I'm building my collection back up, now that I have a Special Tarantula room all to my self:clap: YESSSSS.

Having T's posted is ok in winter, if the seller is using a good quality heat mat for delivery. The size of your T's depends on how long you want them to live, you can induse the size by feeding on a regular basis. But that means they don't live as long, on the other hand you would have a full grown adult within about 12mth or so depending on species of coarse.

Just a quick tip for you all, but me personally do let them grow naturally. What do you think of Tessa.

Attachments

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer

Hi All
First time on, but an old hand at T's, kept quite a big collection a while ago. Now I'm building my collection back up, now that I have a Special Tarantula room all to my self:clap: YESSSSS.

Having T's posted is ok in winter, if the seller is using a good quality heat mat for delivery. The size of your T's depends on how long you want them to live, you can induse the size by feeding on a regular basis. But that means they don't live as long, on the other hand you would have a full grown adult within about 12mth or so depending on species of coarse.

Just a quick tip for you all, but me personally do let them grow naturally. What do you think of Tessa.

i do not know where you got that info from, but you need another source. What the heck are you even talking about?

Truff135

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i do not know where you got that info from, but you need another source. What the heck are you even talking about?
I think he was making comments on all the above posts. He mentioned shipping, growth size, etc. which were all talked about above. :)

Either way, at least it's another friendly face! :D

You have a GORGEOUS b.smithi! I like her name, too, Tessa is cute. :p

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
In the UK, mail is referred to as 'post'.

And just to throw in what I have from the Brachy genus...

Albopilosum, annitha, auratum, boehmei, emilia, smithi, vagans.

arachnophoria

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Looks like next week for these to get here.I am getting one adult female B.auratum,and some slings,but the emilia is no longer available,so it will be,smithi,albiceps or bohemei(depends on which the seller has the largest of,and klassi.I am also working on another group that includes and OBT,tawny red baboon,some emperor scorpions,and some other I can't recall right now,but they were on my want list:D