Nemesiidae from Rurrenabaque

GoTerps

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I was given some of these awhile back as tiny little slings... just dug some of them out today for some photos.

Eric

GoTerps

Arachnoking
Old Timer
That one is about 1" in legspan, but still growing.

There is a picture of an adult in one of the Sklipkan journals (4/2005).

Eric

lhystrix

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hey, Eric.
Just curious how these guys are doing and if more images are coming.

MaartenSFS

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
OMG, that looks so similar to a diplurid, which is what I supposed mine is, and I am still not sure what my species is. :confused: :wall:

GoTerps

Arachnoking
Old Timer
It's been a year, so here are some updated pics I took today...

Also, I got bitten on the finger by this spider while taking these pictures... bit me a few times quickly and drew blood... some light tingling and numbness, but not bad.

Eric

Bastian Drolshagen

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
hey,
I once got a moult of those for ID purposes. In my opinion it´s a Nemesiidae (definetly no Dipluridae!), maybe Rachias sp.

GoTerps

Arachnoking
Old Timer
And here is a mature male! He'll get to mate with my 2 females soon... wish me luck!

Eric

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
are they cranky?

all the Nem species we have in CA seem to be rather ill tempererd. and metallic... hmm.

beautiful little things

did all the slings come from the same mom? would be interesting to see what happens in a few gens if so. i would say if only good specimens are bred it could be ok, but if every single specimen, even the tardy ones, are bred it might lead to problems. of course, that doesn't rule out double recessives and problems that are not visible externally

BooYaKa

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi. I have some slings of this species too. But no information about them :) Are they dangerous?

They are really beautiful.

BooYaKa

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Mygalomorphae -> Nemesiidae

They are from the same family that acanthogonathus francki. But it is definitely other genus. Maybe someone knows what species it is. I don't know nothing about these spiders.