My widow

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
.... make that 2 eggs, just appeared this morning :D
You know that's probably a little more like 200 right? {D

Have you pulled the eggsacs out of the enclosure? It takes roughly 2 weeks for them to hatch. You'll see the sac darken significantly just before hatching. Be careful cuz they're super tiny and if they hatch and have a chance to escape they'll be everywhere. :eek:

Kel_420

Arachnosquire
Old Timer

Have you pulled the eggsacs out of the enclosure? It takes roughly 2 weeks for them to hatch. You'll see the sac darken significantly just before hatching. Be careful cuz they're super tiny and if they hatch and have a chance to escape they'll be everywhere. :eek:
Whats the best way to pull them out from the enclosure? lol

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer

anywhere from 50-400 babies. :D and it takes about 4-5 weeks for them to hatch. the sac will darken very noticeably about a week or so before it pops.

Whats the best way to pull them out from the enclosure? lol
with tongs. it's pretty easy really, the females usually don't care too much.

if you put it in a good size jar with teeny-tiny holes, they will cannibalize down to a more manageable number. just make sure to keep the humidity a little higher than for adults, as slings are much more sensitive. fruit flies work great as food after a couple of molts.

Singbluemymind

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm saying fast at zippen down to catch prey, as any widow keeper knows ,of course, thats all:)
true but when they're off the web they are so slow.
i find widows much easier to work with than say an OBT or a featherleg;P

cjm1991

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I might just have to go out and collect a few widows, I caught my first one when i was about 4 years old on a wooden fence near my house. My parents didnt believe me that it was a black widow till I showed them lol.