My widow

DavidD

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I caught a souther black widow today. My first spider

cjm1991

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Not a very good choice for a first spider, but a very neat one nonetheless. Any pics yet? What you keeping it in?

cjm1991

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
While you were sitting on pete's couch I presume?

DavidD

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Im careful. I get flamed all the time about my descions as a snake keeper.
Sorry pics are being dumb

cjm1991

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Why is a latro not a good first spider?
Can you really not think of one good reason? Shows true ignorance. {D Lets see maybe the fact that its a hot species "What". Im not flaming on you at all, I just could think of a better species to start with you know? But its your choice I get flammed daily for alot of my collection so welcome to the party. Hopefully those pics stop being stupid and work, I love widows.

Richard McJimsey

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Just be responsible, and dont mess with it.
It's a fine first spider if you do those two things.
Thus why noone reccomended one to you :D

What

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Can you really not think of one good reason? Shows true ignorance. {D Lets see maybe the fact that its a hot species "What". Im not flaming on you at all, I just could think of a better species to start with you know?
Latros are clumsy when out of their webs, and as long as you arent sticking your finger in their webs are quite safe pets.

They do not need to have slick sided containers, nor do they need to have tightly fitting lids, all they need to have to be kept safely is some kind of container that has holes of a size that is less than the size of the abdomen, along with some structure for a web to be made upon.

Not to mention the fact that if you are not young, old, sick, or previously suffering from a life threatening condition, latrodectus envenomation most likely will not kill you. With modern medical care you have a very good chance of surviving, unlike with Sicarius where you are almost assuredly going to lose an appendage.

cjm1991

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Latros are clumsy when out of their webs, and as long as you arent sticking your finger in their webs are quite safe pets.

They do not need to have slick sided containers, nor do they need to have tightly fitting lids, all they need to have to be kept safely is some kind of container that has holes of a size that is less than the size of the abdomen, along with some structure for a web to be made upon.

Not to mention the fact that if you are not young, old, sick, or previously suffering from a life threatening condition, latrodectus envenomation most likely will not kill you. With modern medical care you have a very good chance of surviving, unlike with Sicarius where you are almost assuredly going to lose an appendage.
Very well put, you have changed my point of view quite a bit.

-CJM-

DavidD

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
no you are showing true igronance you know nothing about my past man you need to get a life

cjm1991

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ok so when you get tagged by your first new spider dnt come crying to us like you will, then you will be the one without a life, so cry it up;P

DavidD

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I could own hot snakes you dont know. Man get a life you are really obnoxious

crpy

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I caught a souther black widow today. My first spider
They are awesome, fast fast in the web though so keep that in mind. it would be great to get a juvi so you dont get egg case after egg case.:)

Singbluemymind

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
dude i had a widow for awhile they're easy as pie to care care of and they are slow and clumsy you won't get bit unless your being stupid with it

crpy

Arachnoking
Old Timer
dude i had a widow for awhile they're easy as pie to care care of and they are slow and clumsy you won't get bit unless your being stupid with it
I'm saying fast at zippen down to catch prey, as any widow keeper knows ,of course, thats all:)

Last edited:

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Just be ready for the eggsacs because they'll be coming. Mine has laid 5 since I snagged her up about 6 weeks ago.