My tailless whip-scorpion has been hiding at the back bottom of the enclosure

nicklovesTs

Arachnosquire
So basically she’s usually at the middle of the cork most of the time but lately she’s been at the back and i doubt it’s lack of humidity because the springtails are booming, the substrate stays moist not wet, the top is mostly covered and i mist 2 times a week…

Now is there such thing as too moist? I’m pretty sure there is but i don’t think that’s the problem and she’s eaten for me 3 times already

Is this normal? I just remember someone saying if they hangout near the bottom they’re searching for moisture or something to that note.

zeeman

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
How is your enclosure ventilation? Humidity in the soil is not the same as humidity in the air. If the substrate is damp but too much air is allowed to escape your enclosure won't maintain humidity. She could also just be moving around. Has she been eating and appears healthy?

nicklovesTs

Arachnosquire
How is your enclosure ventilation? Humidity in the soil is not the same as humidity in the air. If the substrate is damp but too much air is allowed to escape your enclosure won't maintain humidity. She could also just be moving around. Has she been eating and appears healthy?
she’s been eating as much as a tailless whip scorpion will lol, probably 1 cricket every week and a half… big hunter, i’ve captured video of it twice

additionally i’d say about 80% of the ventilation is covered on the mesh top, maybe i need it more? i just misted it today and she’s in the middle section again… maybe i do need less ventilation… just mind googling that they like it super humid and then i have isopods that need it wet in a spot but not humid and then crested gecko that likes it humid but needs a dry out

Albireo Wulfbooper

Arachnoprince
Agree with zeeman that excessive ventilation is likely the reason. You only need about one to one and a half square inches of exposed mesh to ventilate even a large amblypygi enclosure.