My t albo jumped!!

drurymercy

Arachnopeon
I have witnessed some of my NW terrestrials do some crazy dives for prey. Like jumping the whole enclosure from one end to the other. Normal 😝
Omg really??!! Hahahaha it’s so cool but I just don’t want him getting hurt!! I use metal tongs to drop food in now I need something softer in case it happens again!

drurymercy

Arachnopeon
my genic spooked me good a few times usually on its first feeding after a molt and gaining a bunch of size :rofl:its crazy watching a big heavy t running up the tongs to your fingers. my fault each time for misjudging just how far it could lunge doesnt help with a genic all that moves is food
[/QUOTE
Wow, that must have been shocking! Hasn't happened to me yet (I keep scorpions and vinegaroons mainly) but as I get more tarantulas it will probably happen eventually...
I'll have to be careful! I was actually thinking about that very species last evening 😂
literally my favorite so far!! Omg my daughter wants scorpions but she’s crazy and wants to hold them. lol I said she could start with a vinagroon or a whip scorpion😂

drurymercy

Arachnopeon
I have witnessed some of my NW terrestrials do some crazy dives for prey. Like jumping the whole enclosure from one end to the other. Normal 😝
I’m waiting for my pampho to get a little bigger he’s crazy over food so hopefully see some cool stuff. lol actually he’s the one I could expect this from but not my calm curly!!

gzophia

Arachnoknight
literally my favorite so far!! Omg my daughter wants scorpions but she’s crazy and wants to hold them. lol I said she could start with a vinagroon or a whip scorpion😂
Yeah, scorpions should never, ever be handled, even ones with mild venom. Because what if a sting or pinch happens? You'll probably fling your pet across the room involuntarily, and you have a dead scorpion. Plus it stresses the animal out. Not worth it!
Yes, a vinegaroon is a much better alternative to a scorpion for a responsible beginner or child; just be careful. You can handle them without much consequence (they are slow, harmless, and docile), but you should still only do it very infrequently-- handling isn't really recommended for any arthropod. They are great pets though; can't recommend them enough. I have five.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Yea some do jump like tree spiders I get annoyed by his videos but it was a good example of a jump. Not a good example of how to rehouse tho …:rofl:

drurymercy

Arachnopeon
Yeah, scorpions should never, ever be handled, even ones with mild venom. Because what if a sting or pinch happens? You'll probably fling your pet across the room involuntarily, and you have a dead scorpion. Plus it stresses the animal out. Not worth it!
Yes, a vinegaroon is a much better alternative to a scorpion for a responsible beginner or child; just be careful. You can handle them without much consequence (they are slow, harmless, and docile), but you should still only do it very infrequently-- handling isn't really recommended for any arthropod. They are great pets though; can't recommend them enough. I have five.
Plus they r so cool to watch I like when they eat! And walk around🥰 lol she’s 18 so she thinks she knows best. I have to remind her! The reptile store held one so now she thinks it’s a great idea🥲

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Plus they r so cool to watch I like when they eat! And walk around🥰 lol she’s 18 so she thinks she knows best. I have to remind her! The reptile store held one so now she thinks it’s a great idea🥲
I never had one but if they live longer I might try keeping one someday. I got no idea how defensive they are . They look built like tanks , I wouldn’t hold it but it’s hard to convince some people not too.

gzophia

Arachnoknight
I never had one but if they live longer I might try keeping one someday. I got no idea how defensive they are . They look built like tanks , I wouldn’t hold it but it’s hard to convince some people not too.
Vinegaroons? Highly recommend; babies are cheap and still pretty big (~0.75" body length and ~1.5" total length) and live for a total of 7-10 years. Amazing animals.

drurymercy

Arachnopeon
Vinegaroons? Highly recommend; babies are cheap and still pretty big (~0.75" body length and ~1.5" total length) and live for a total of 7-10 years. Amazing animals.
Omg I didn’t know they lived so long!! His big do they get? I’ll need to do more research. I love this

gzophia

Arachnoknight
Omg I didn’t know they lived so long!! His big do they get? I’ll need to do more research. I love this
Yeah! The most common vinegaroons sold in the US are of the genus Mastigoproctus. They can reach 2-5" to 3" in body length; with everything extended, they can go 6" or more.

drurymercy

Arachnopeon
Yeah! The most common vinegaroons sold in the US are of the genus Mastigoproctus. They can reach 2-5" to 3" in body length; with everything extended, they can go 6" or more.
I just watched some videos I like the tarantula collectives. So pretty much same as my T’s!! I think I’m gonna go get my one on payday now.

gzophia

Arachnoknight
I just watched some videos I like the tarantula collectives. So pretty much same as my T’s!! I think I’m gonna go get my one on payday now.
Great; I hope it goes well. And FYI, vinegaroons do NOT jump 🤣🤣