my spider is an idiot

Nathan Danger

Arachnopeon
omg! my aviculraira avicularia sucks at catching its food...it will get very close and wait there for a sec...and then go for it but the crickets always get away...and the spider goes crazy and freaks out like it scared itself by going all fast...it really is hilarious...if my spider were a person...i'd call it retarded.

deifiler

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
And your point is... ?

Maybe with it being arboreal the placement of the prey means bad judgement or something. I can't see it being a major problem though

WYSIWYG

SpiderLoco
Old Timer
Originally posted by Nathan Danger
omg! my aviculraira avicularia sucks at catching its food...it will get very close and wait there for a sec...and then go for it but the crickets always get away...and the spider goes crazy and freaks out like it scared itself by going all fast...it really is hilarious...if my spider were a person...i'd call it retarded.
Are you sure it's not getting read to molt? When my spiders aren't hungry, that's what the do sometimes. They'll thwack any cricket that gets too close to them or sometimes chase the crickets away by following them and thwacking them.

Wysi

Hairyspider

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
feeding

I feed mine with those long tweezers. I've read alot about not leaving prey items in enclosures, because if they arn't hungry they might get injured from the prey items. When I offer it a cricket if it doesn't pounce on it, then I wait a day or so. seems to work for me. Most reptile store carry them, if they don't carry them you may find them at your local smoke/head shop;) Thats where I found mine

Later

William

chuck

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
i dont have an arboreal T but i always think, that if they make a web nest or whatever, why not throw the prey into the web?

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Some of you may notice that there are a few posts now missing from this thread. While I do not mind a little bit of off topic stuff, that was a bit much and was not necessary here. Those posts have been moved to "The Watering Hole" in a thread called "Jacen & Nathan Chat". Please keep the really off topic stuff to PM or at the very very very least, to "The Watering Hole"

Thank you,

Scott

xBurntBytheSunx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
"Some of you may notice that there are a few posts now missing from this thread. While I do not mind a little bit of off topic stuff, that was a bit much and was not necessary here. Those posts have been moved to "The Watering Hole" in a thread called "Jacen & Nathan Chat". Please keep the really off topic stuff to PM or at the very very very least, to "The Watering Hole"

Thank you,

Scott"

ruling the message board with an iron fist! ;P

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by xBurntBytheSunx
"Some of you may notice that there are a few posts now missing from this thread. While I do not mind a little bit of off topic stuff, that was a bit much and was not necessary here. Those posts have been moved to "The Watering Hole" in a thread called "Jacen & Nathan Chat". Please keep the really off topic stuff to PM or at the very very very least, to "The Watering Hole"

Thank you,

Scott"

Or you could just scroll past it and not be a baby.

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Originally posted by JacenBeers
Or you could just scroll past it and not be a baby.
First of all, if you're gonna quote me, quote me correctly:

Originally posted by mrderanged
Some of you may notice that there are a few posts now missing from this thread. While I do not mind a little bit of off topic stuff, that was a bit much and was not necessary here. Those posts have been moved to "The Watering Hole" in a thread called "Jacen & Nathan Chat". Please keep the really off topic stuff to PM or at the very very very least, to "The Watering Hole"

Thank you,

Scott

As you can see from a properly quoted post, the above comment was not made by me.

There are rules and If you don't like the way the boards are run, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

Scott

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by Nathan Danger
My Pinktoe fairly launches herself at her prey from the wall. She's very efficient with dispatching her prey.

Maggie

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
One of our Avics wont eat unless "I" kill the prey. And I know its not an arboreal but my female B. albopilosum is just as bad about it. I am the "food person" and how dare they have to catch their own food!:D
I have seen my P. cambridgei get increasingly disinterested in food the closer he/she gets to molt, half hearted attempts and then total refusal. So as was mentioned, if it is not as intent, maybe a molt is coming up.

xBurntBytheSunx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
"There are rules and If you don't like the way the boards are run, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

Scott"

i understand you have rules, but i don't understand being so uptight. chill out a little.

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
i understand you have rules, but i don't understand being so uptight. chill out a little.
You haven't been around for the more than a year of some of Jacen's antics. He's pushed enough buttons to warrant a little uptightness. I could go into some of them but that would definitely be off topic. Suffice it to say that Jacen personally contributed to many of the board rules being in place, and not in a positive way.

WYSIWYG

SpiderLoco
Old Timer
Re: Re: my spider is an idiot

Originally posted by Godzilla2000
My Pinktoe fairly launches herself at her prey from the wall. She's very efficient with dispatching her prey.
Launching....yeah, that sounds about right. It also reminds me of the time my big old 5 inch female curly launched herself across her plastic shoebox at her "prey" a few weeks ago. Luckily, I saw it coming and got out of the way. ;)

(I think she was just hungry or startled).

I love watching my critters eat. If I toss the crickets just right, my t's will catch them in midair. It's extra cool when one of my arboreals catches it like that. :)

Wysi