My scorpion was moving now he isnt its been three days doesnt smell i moved his tail and body a bit hes not showing signs of death nor life

KoldQ

Arachnopeon
My boy has been like this for a three days he was moving three days ago then stopped all together no smell no change he looks the same not even rotting but not showing signs of life either but no movements i have touched him and moved him three days ago and he just no responding is he dead or premolt they say 72 hours but yet were going on day four and exactly the same of when i moved him i can move his tail but its stiff while curled it wint go straight nor do i force it i can just tell so i dont know my female is fine litterally eating etc

Attachments

Beetles

Arachnosquire
He looks dead, in the right environment there body wont really give off much of a smell. Sub also looks pretty dry.

Scorpiobsession

Arachnobaron
When my first scorpion died (from a maggot infestation when I got it) it was in the same position. I was hopeful and left it for a while but eventually put everything in the freezer (to kill the maggots).

CRX

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I can't speak as to anything else, but I just want to add that substrate does look pretty dry, and its not the right medium for these burrowing species. Woodchips can be good for providing cover for baby scorpions, but it pretty much ends at that. They aren't suitable for a burrowing substrate.

Joey Spijkers

Arachnoprince
Looks dead.
I agree with everything said about the substrate. Not that it will be of any help for this scorpion, but now you know for next time.

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
4"-6" burrowable moist substrate is recommended if kept properly moist but not wet there is loads of humidity both on the surface and below the surface no need to mist. Combined with a proper sized waterdish (always filled) and some moss you can not lose. Forest scorpions both Heterometrinae and Pandininae suffer high transpiration rate they lose body water daily. The waterdish and substrate keep that in check. Improper substrates and dry enclosures can kill them quite quickly.

Temps are also important 75F-85F will provide them a healthy metabolism.