My new pede!

Scorpendra

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
yesterday, i got my first millipede; an AGB. ignore the substrate, i'm trying to remove mites. currently, she's sleeping.

Last edited:

Scorpendra

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
upon recent study, i believe that it was mislabeled in the store and is actually a Ghana Amber Banded. from what i can see, they require similar to identical care, so good for me.

Crunchie

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Is there any way we can get a shot of her head? The Ghana amber banded has a very wide and thickset head compared to the Giant African Black... In saying that her legs look a bit short to be an AGB but at the same time the bands are less distinct that most GABs I've seen.

Giant Black

Ghana Amver banded

Looks like a nice girl you have there though, good luck with her :)

Scorpendra

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
eh, i'm not completely sure. but it's definitely not the AGB shown in Crunchie's first pic.

Scorpendra

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i am not able to get sleeping beauty here's face-shot yet, but i have another pic. is it possible that it's a hybrid?

Last edited:

Crunchie

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
that looks like an African Giant Black to me now I can see a better picture of it. :) How big is the millipede by the way? The picture I put up was of a male AGB and it might be just be but I've noticed the males are blacker and the females have more distinct bands.

Last edited:

thedreadedone

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
my AGB breeding pair are both completely black, with no banding and black legs

juggalo69

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I just got one a few weeks ago, it was labled as an AGB but it looks like Molitor's.