My first snakes. A rosy and a sand boa

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I got this about 4 months ago and I just love it. It's still pretty head shy but we are working on that about every other day. I had quite a choice of rosies to choose from but the color scheme of the coastal variety really caught my eye.

Coastal Rosy Boa

My only other snake is this little Kenyan Sand Boa. It's got a little bit of a tude but it's just too pretty. Sorry about the pics being a little blury. It just wouldn't pose for anything. lol

Elapid

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i would recommend not using potting soil for the rosey. if it ingests the substrate it could be a problem, as well as being tough to keep dry and clean.

i use dry newspaper for a substrate on all my snakes.

HTH!
rob

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
i would recommend not using potting soil for the rosey. if it ingests the substrate it could be a problem, as well as being tough to keep dry and clean.

i use dry newspaper for a substrate on all my snakes.

HTH!
rob
That's a good recommendation but it's dry peat moss. I use it for all my pets. I have a sepperate feeding bin that I put it in to feed so the ingestion is not likely. My problem with peat is not keeping it dry, it holds moisture ok but the real problem with it is keeping it moist for some of my other pets. It doesn't bother me to keep on top of that though. I keep that rosy enclosure dry and the water dish is filled about half way once a week. I don't let any overflow either. Thanks.

Harrod

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
You have some beautiful snakes there. I had a breeding pair of Kenyans for a few years. They are amazing.

Nick

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Fat chubby little guys. Look so different.
They are nice and round aren't they? lol It's the colors on these two and the adult size that made me decide to get them.

You have some beautiful snakes there. I had a breeding pair of Kenyans for a few years. They are amazing.

Nick
Thanks Nick. Were you successful on the breeding. I have no plans to do any breeding but if the situation comes up, I'll give it a try. They are mainly for my enjoyment for a good pet.

Harrod

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks Nick. Were you successful on the breeding. I have no plans to do any breeding but if the situation comes up, I'll give it a try. They are mainly for my enjoyment for a good pet.
I had a great pair so breeding was a breeze. It's a blast watching all the little ones slithering through the sand. Thinking about it makes me want to get some more. If I hadn't spent all my cash on T's.:wall:

Nick

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I have a coastal rosy boa as well, aren't they wonderful? My guy is a little sweetheart, I just love him. What I saw of your little sand boa is cute, to bad he wouldn't let you take a picture.

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Thanks Mina. Mines a sweetheart too. I'm excited to watch it grow and keep those pretty colors.