My First Insect Day!

Taffy

Arachnoknight
today i got the privilege of putting on an insect day for a bunch of kids, it was really awesome seeing their faces light up. they loved all the bugs but they especially loved the hissing cockroaches and the centipedes that i brought to show them.

977143DC-9FB2-44CE-8B5D-1746AE215539.jpeg
2A5CA984-F685-4F50-80E8-24A726422DEA.jpeg
BF0FE73A-2962-4988-BAB4-8E4A3F276B20.jpeg
379D88B3-0E4A-42ED-A8CA-354494B4CD89.jpeg

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
@Taffy I'm envious. It's a complete and total delight for me to observe the inquisitive minds of children in their formative years. And the questions! Winged from every quadrant of the galaxy as they fill in blanks and improve their mental libraries.

Taffy

Arachnoknight
@Taffy I'm envious. It's a complete and total delight for me to observe the inquisitive minds of children in their formative years. And the questions! Winged from every quadrant of the galaxy as they fill in blanks and improve their mental libraries.
i loved it! they asked so many questions and were so curious about literally EVERY little movement from the insects. was awesome to see

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
@Taffy No idea where this quote originated. "Always try to view the world with the wide eyed wonder of a child."

@Taffy Fond memory. Working for Head Start I got a shadow attached to me. A 4 year old girl with an acute cross eyed condition. Zero stereoscopic vision. So we would while away many hours just talking about nothings while I taught her how to move her head to employ perspective. From the moment I appeared at the care center I'd get grabbed by the hand and led off to look at a bush or some such and was rewarded by her intense curiosity of everything - opening up my own eyes.

Last edited:

Taffy

Arachnoknight
Very cool what animals we’re displayed??
just some basic stuff.
S. dehaani
LQ(deathstalker)
H. spinifier
C. huahini
and we displayed a lotttt of beetles and isopods that we study in our lab :) oh and madagascar hissing roaches