more new T's

stu

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Picked up more new T's this weekend from the show in Newark :)

I got myself 3 L. parahybana slings, 2 Acanthoscurria geniculata slings (which are so small its hard to see them), a small Brachypelma vagans and finally a P.murinus 'usumbara'

Also got a couple of roach colonys - pycnoscelus femoralis and blaberus discodales which will hopefully thrive and stop the need for keeping those pesky crickets.

Ive been after an usumbara for a while now - this guy is FAST - was quite fun transfering him into his new tank, certain items of clothing had to be changed afterwards=D

heres a few pics of the little fella - this is him after he ran up the side of the tank and down the outside - luckily It was in the bath.

stu

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
and this is the feisty fella happy to be in his new home

cheers,

Stu.

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Did you pay a pound for the three L.parahybana slings?

If so there's a good chance it was me who sold you them :D
I spent most of my time behind a friend's table, there were various things like Euscorpius (British scorpions), Acanthoscurria sp., a selection of Poecilotheria, and some P.murinus for sale on our table. :)

stu

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
lopez,

yeah - I bought them from the giant spiders stall - I didnt realize it was you there until after we left and wayne mentioned it. glad I got them now as my other L.parahybana moulted yesterday and has turned out to be male - hopefully at least one of the 3 will be female - though I seem to have a knack of buying males :(

I saw the pokies - real nice T's but I wasnt tempted - I think I'll wait till I get a bit more experience with arboreal T's first.

did you pick up any new goodies from the show?

cheers,

Stu.

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I was the dodgy one with glasses and scruffy hair :p

I quite enjoyed the show, not a bad turnout for one so close to Christmas, and of course it's a new show as well.

I picked up a few things, I'll whack some pictures up later. :)

stu

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
'I was the dodgy one with glasses and scruffy hair'

heh - almost how I'd describe myself but take out glasses and put long in front of 'scruffy hair' =D

Yeah - it wasnt a bad turnout - im looking forward to the BTS show now, better start saving.

cheers,

Stu.

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by stu
'I was the dodgy one with glasses and scruffy hair'

heh - almost how I'd describe myself but take out glasses and put long in front of 'scruffy hair' =D

Yeah - it wasnt a bad turnout - im looking forward to the BTS show now, better start saving.

cheers,

Stu.
Aaaaahhhh, the guy with the blonde pony tail thing :D

In that case, yes it was me who sold you 3 of Stephen Copley's parahybana.

From left to right

Me, Andy Matthews, Ray Gabriel, Guy Tansley

Note Ray is holding Guy's invaluable tarantula book, Something No Serious Hobbyist Should Be Without ™

stu

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
yeah the guy with the blonde pony tail thing

me and wayne spent most of the day hassling Guy over pics of adult T's, we wanted to know what all those little slings around the room would look like when they grew up. I think we spent a fair amount of time hassling him to get some P.irminia 'suntiger' in too which hopefully he'll be getting soon =D

though I spent a lot of the day suffering from a nasty 2 day hangover and aches from a gig on friday night - plus it was too hot in that room.

cheers,

Stu.

stu

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
longboard -

he's about 3 inch legspan

cheers,

Stu

stu

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
a few more pics -

first up the B. vagans - he's about 1 inch

stu

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
one of the TINY A. geniculata slings - this little guy is about 4mm

stu

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
and lastly one of the L. parahybana slings - think he is about 1cm

BigSam

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
cool those two slings (the lasoriadora and the white knee and even the red rump) will grow so fast. Or mine did.

Sam,