molting question

s_butterfly

Arachnopeon
my pinktoe molted on sept 4th and hasn't ate yet. how long do they go before they eat again? :?

David_F

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
How big is it? It might be a while before it eats again. The two juv/adults I have seem to hold off a while onger than my other Ts. Seems to hold true for my Avic. slings too. Just offer food every few days or so and you should be okay.

s_butterfly

Arachnopeon
i don't really know how to go about measuring him, he's alot bigger then he was. anyways i guess he's fully matured he's got the hook things and his little arm/leg thingys are fat @ the ends (sorry i'm new to all this tarantula stuff)

Randy

Arachnolord
Old Timer
dont worry give it 1 to 2 weeks time to finally start eating again.. once its ready to eat, it would eat as much as it can to compensate what he had lost during the molt.. ur avic must be very tired after the molt and probably havent got enough good rest yet..

s_butterfly

Arachnopeon
should i do any thing special when feeding him, since he's an arboreal? the crickets arent ever @ the top of his enclosure and he's never on the ground

MyNameHere

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
some people will maim their crix (damage or remove the jumping legs) and drop the crick directly in the T's web. This usually makes it easy for them to eat if they're hungry... but like others have said, if the crick isn't eaten w/in a couple of days remove it.

T's shed the lining of part of their digestive system when they moult, and this has to harden, too, before they can eat again. The whole process takes up to 2 wks for some (like RandyChuah said)

Randy

Arachnolord
Old Timer
terrestrial not necessary get thier food high above the ground, when its hungry, and sense food around, regardless of where it is al long as its not beyond reach, it will get it

nowhereman

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ours usually drink (water :) ) before they start feeding again. I'd mist the side of the container to see.