Mold or eggs?

chuck

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
my Asian Forest Scorp tank has this new growth in it. under the cork bark and in the dirt, against the side of the tank. looks like little round white beads covered in some sort of green stuff. thing is it is only "growing" on the side of the tank that gets exposed to light. i wish i could take a pic but does this sound familiar to anyone?

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
It is probably mold. If it is let the substrate dry out and it should go away. Keep a water dish for the scorps of course ;)

chuck

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Brian S said:
It is probably mold. If it is let the substrate dry out and it should go away. Keep a water dish for the scorps of course ;)

could the mold be lethal?

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
maybe, although ive had lots of mould growth and no deaths

chuck

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
any ideas on how to dry it out? this tank is WET. the surface substrate is dry, but underneath it it is wet and that doesnt seem to be drying. i increased the ventilation, any more ideas?

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
You might put a fan close to the tank. You obviously don't want it blowing down in the tank but anything to increase the ventilation should help. Even with that it will take several days to dry out. If you want a quick fix you could change the substrate.

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Stir the dirt around and put the scorpions and decals whatn ot back in? shoudl dry quicker.

chuck

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
trying to get those scorps out wont be easy, they tunneled the length of the 10 gallon tank