Millipede sleeping

Alpharacidous

Arachnopeon
My Orthroporus ornatus (giant gold) millipede normally sleeps under a piece of cork bark I got for her, and she has tried making many burrows (she's started about 4 so far, but doesn't seem to carry out with finishing them) and I notice she sleeps on the surface of her substrate more so than under her cork bark or in a burrow.

Is she ok? I have about 3.5 inches of topsoil, a water dish, 2 places to hide, and sphagnum peat moss, oak wood bits, and leaf bits all scattered throughout the substrate. I mist it regularly, and whenever I feed her a fruit or vegetable I add a tiny sprinkle of Exo Terra Reptile calcium + d3 powder to it. She also seems in good shape, no dull chitin (it is shiny), and she explores around her tank a lot normally, seemingly actively moving around. She also poops normally because I find myself picking up the droppings with tweezers and disposing of them regularly.

Is it ok that she sleeps on the surface? I read somewhere that sleeping on the surface can be a sign of a sick millipede. She seems healthy to me, but maybe someone on here may have an accurate prognosis.

Sterls

Arachnobaron
Seems fine to me. They'll dig but the only time they really make a burrow per se (I call it a molting chamber) is when they're molting. Surface activity in normal, including them 'sleeping' on the surface. This is a species that is nearly constantly on the surface in my experience.

Misting isn't the best option, especially as this is a dry species. Simply pour water in, you just want to keep the bottom 1/3-1/2 of the substrate moist, in order to give it the option to dig down to moisture if it wants to. Total substrate height should be at least the length of the millipede.

Matts inverts

Arachnoangel
Mine hides under cork, stays on the surface, or digs but only for a little bit. The millipede is more than likely okay

NeedForPede

Arachnopeon
Sounds like pretty normal activity. My O. ornatus was pretty surface active. Only thing is that I would just make sure your substrate is at least as deep as your millipede is long. Originally I have a pretty shallow container and I don't remember her burrowing much. I transferred her to a deeper container and found she burrowed almost to the bottom (she burrowed next to the side so I could peek at her still) to molt.