milipede-keepers?

J Morningstar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sorry guys. I have had an insane schedule lately. I opened my own small art gallery on Friday, preformed in my wifes' ballet companys Winter show on Saturday and Sunday and got a new job today.:} I feel like my head's gonna fall off.
I swear I'll get some pic's in tonight.
Not to mention every specie of millipede is not on the surface of the substrate all the time so I only get to see who feels like showing up at that time.

J Morningstar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Okay I'll try these. The first one is, I believe the type in the second pic Steven had.

J Morningstar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Here is another shot of the cogwheel millipede Steven. i hope I figure out how you guys get these very clear pics one day. he's tiny 3" or so. All of this species are.

Last edited:

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
preformed in my wifes' ballet companys Winter show
pictures please =D =D =D :}
and got a new job today.
congratz :D

and very nice collection,..but you knew that allready:rolleyes: =D

that big flat guy is still my fav. J.Morningstar mili :}
and where are the pils :? ;)

J Morningstar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Okay Steven I'll get a new pill pic up but here is two pics of one I've never seen anyone with before. It is an orange leg and head version of the Mombossa Red leg, which is also much bigger (more of the thickness of a middle finger in comparsion to the pinky) let's call it a Tanzanian orange leg.:D

J Morningstar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It is female and therefore not as colorful as the males were and about 5 inches or so

J Morningstar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
And just one last pic of the purple crested millipede. It was out and about.:D

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
Here Steven,Pillbugs playing leapfrog!
hehehehe very nice :D =D
thanx

that brown pil's are def.on my "wanted"list,.... someday maybe when J. gets them to breed ;)

the purple crested millipede
mmm,..that one looks also intresting,....
is their a scientific name for "crested" mili's?
and how big do they get ?

J Morningstar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yea.. and when piggies fly. No really I hope my pillbugs do breed someday but I just don't know what else to do for them. But you are welcome for the pic.
As far as a scientific name for crested millipedes goes I wouldn't have a clue. They are the smallest adult millipede I keep, they are as thin as 3 to 4 mm and only3 inches long or so. I only have two and I have seen them mate. The female has been missing for some time I hope she's watching over eggs!

Last edited: