Mesobuthus Gibbosus

Stormcrow

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
AWESOME! This species is really hard to obtain through US dealers as of late. Vardoulas, where are you located -- US, Canada, or Europe?

carpe scorpio

Arachnoking
Old Timer
That is a truly beautiful scorpion. Based on the name, I would say he is in Greece.

Stormcrow

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
We will soon find out, because I haven't seen the species offered here in a couple of years though I had taken a long sabbatical from the hobby but basically kept my eyes peeled. Mesobuthus and Buthus, both genera are amongst the most aesthetically pleasing species around. I would rate Leiurus nearly so, yet, it's metasoma IMO always looked abit odd attached to that wide, flat mesasoma and long chela. Geez, I am beginning to sound like yourself Stan, but the demons are in the details. Well at least I have a scorp enthusiast after my own heart (before anyone else rolls their eyes on my account). I take notice of the smallest details, these two genera have nice coloration, granules, and keel patterns.

carpe scorpio

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I totally agree, venom aside, because I intend to keep my record of never being stung intact. I feel that all scorpions are works of art, but there are only certain works that I would buy and display.

Stormcrow

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Agreed, though I am almost an entirely Buthid person for these same reasons!

Nikos

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
since you like the photo here are some more :D

PIter

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Great pictures, thanks for showing them.

Showing
Peter

Stormcrow

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
One of the most gorgeous scorpions I've ever laid eyes on, love the coloration and crocodilian-like keel effect on the mesosoma, this species is not a severe as Hottentotta. But it sure is perfection in my book. Am really an admirer of this genus.

Nikos

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
some more photos of a female under sun light.