Mammoth sunflowerS

Ultum4Spiderz

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter
Only three grew bugs or chipmunk, killed the rest. IMG_2156.jpeg IMG_2155.jpeg IMG_2154.jpeg IMG_1321.jpeg IMG_1320.jpeg IMG_1319.jpeg IMG_1318.jpeg
Not sure why it’s so hard to grow them here. I planted over 20.

Brewser

AraneaeRebel
Arachnosupporter
Gotta Like Sunflowers, not only are they Big and Beautiful.
They are also Beneficial, providing a Bounty of Nourshing Seeds for a Bevy of Critters.

Ultum4Spiderz

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter
Gotta Like Sunflowers, not only are they Big and Beautiful.
They are also Beneficial, providing a Bounty of Nourshing Seeds for a Bevy of Critters.
Yeah there around minimum size , I got more seeds for next year. IMG_2159.jpeg IMG_2158.jpeg
Mine were 4-5 feet tall.

TheraMygalo

Accipitridae
Arachnosupporter +
Plant more. MORE. You need to plant so many more. Trust me. Then you will get results.

put them everywhere.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
They do this occasionally here. The dairys all have muck fields where the run off from hosing out the barns goes. Sometimes they sprinkle sunflower seeds out there. See 12 foot sunflowers for details. I don't know why they don't do that more often. I suppose the commercial growers have the market cornered. Or maybe the seeds taste like cow poop?
I know of a pot farmer that made fertilizer from rabbit poop fermented in 55 gallon drums. The bud definitely had a rabbit taint.

Ultum4Spiderz

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter
They do this occasionally here. The dairys all have muck fields where the run off from hosing out the barns goes. Sometimes they sprinkle sunflower seeds out there. See 12 foot sunflowers for details. I don't know why they don't do that more often. I suppose the commercial growers have the market cornered. Or maybe the seeds taste like cow poop?
I know of a pot farmer that made fertilizer from rabbit poop fermented in 55 gallon drums. The bud definitely had a rabbit taint.
That’s gross weed made from rabbit poop , I used roach droppings for mint plants but never harvested the mint it got too tall . Etc .. flowered. Damn rabbits and chipmunks eat all my baby sunflowers my mom won’t let me put a fence up..

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
That’s gross weed made from rabbit poop ,
It was definitely weird. Back in the glory days in the emerald triangle I recall that grower and his friends partaking one afternoon. They were manicuring and the room reeked of skunk. But when they toked up I definitely smelled rabbit. I suppose, suspect I was somewhat hypersensitive. I could help work with the growers and manicured for them but when someone lit up it took one sniff and an instant sinus headache hit like a truck. A friend of mine would have made an excellent sniffer dog. Made her sneeze. Helping her apartment hunting we went into one building and on the second floor she started sneezing. I guess we walked past the apartment where someone was toking and she had to bail. Sneezing so hard I had to physically guide her out of the building, eyes running rivers, face flushed.

Damn rabbits and chipmunks eat all my baby sunflowers my mom won’t let me put a fence up..
Probably wouldn't have helped. Arboreal squirrels can jump about 4 feet up, climb like monkeys and perch on the tiniest fence posts. Ground squirrels and rabbits can dig like tunnel boring machines.

Kada

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
They like full sun. Your pic is next to a House. Which means shade. As well as soil issues judging by the oher plants and wood housing materials. Plant near the sidewalk and water appropriately with decent nutrition for "full results" ;)

If root problems are the suspect due to rodents, buŕyig in wire cages can work somewhat. Probably more hassle than result in my opinion. It's hard to control pests when an area is so unnatural like our housing and yards. In that situation, ad mentioned, plant more. Also expect morenpests next year...haha. this is the root reason for crop rotation.

Tbone192

Arachnobaron
It was definitely weird. Back in the glory days in the emerald triangle I recall that grower and his friends partaking one afternoon. They were manicuring and the room reeked of skunk. But when they toked up I definitely smelled rabbit. I suppose, suspect I was somewhat hypersensitive. I could help work with the growers and manicured for them but when someone lit up it took one sniff and an instant sinus headache hit like a truck. A friend of mine would have made an excellent sniffer dog. Made her sneeze. Helping her apartment hunting we went into one building and on the second floor she started sneezing. I guess we walked past the apartment where someone was toking and she had to bail. Sneezing so hard I had to physically guide her out of the building, eyes running rivers, face flushed.

Probably wouldn't have helped. Arboreal squirrels can jump about 4 feet up, climb like monkeys and perch on the tiniest fence posts. Ground squirrels and rabbits can dig like tunnel boring machines.
Sounds like someone was growing bammer weed, that'll knock you out and give you the headache of a lifetime and that's unlaced I'm talking about. Anyone who laces weed is literal scum.