Malaysian black and gold

lhystrix

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
So was the identification of these ever really solved? Are they segestriidae, sparassidae or something else? I found an interesting link with photos of a Thelcticopis severa, which has striking similarities to these "Malaysian Black and Golds." Not sure how valid it is but none the less, check it out....

http://spider.fun.cx/okinawa/Kamasugumo.htm
The spiders in question are not Segestriids, as they have eight eyes as previously noted.
The adult male I posted images of is a Sparassid.

Unfortunately I missed your link, and it's not working now.

stonemantis

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
the ones I had made ther homes in the middle and top mostly.
Interesting, because now they all are burrowed in the dirt and have made a tube web around the burrows they dug. They are being housed in containers that are the same as the ones that you shipped them in and they all are feeding well.

I think you just got em all huh ;)
I definitely did :) and I will buy more if I knew where to get them.

KenTheBugGuy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Interesting, because now they all are burrowed in the dirt and have made a tube web around the burrows they dug. They are being housed in containers that are the same as the ones that you shipped them in and they all are feeding well.

I definitely did :) and I will buy more if I knew where to get them.
Well that could be it...they were in smaller tubes that were taller before ...thats how they came to me. Maybe the wider space allows them to dig down like that where the taller skinny tubes did not.

stonemantis

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Now the question is: What is the true ID is on this species?

Because I am planning on breeding them and would like to know how to label them. They are malaysian black and gold for now until an accurate ID can be made.