Looking for a new T?

BayBredBeardies

Arachnopeon
Hey,
For my next T, I just want a huge arboreal with thick legs and nice colors. Sorta like the Avicularia Braunshaseni, but I want to make sure I open all my options. Any suggestions? :confused:

paassatt

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I currently have:
0.0.1 A. Avicularia
0.0.1 A. Sp. Peru
0.0.2 A. Brocklehursti
0.0.1 A. Chalcodes
0.2.1 B. Albopilosum
0.0.1 C. Cyaneopubescens
0.0.1 G. Pulchra
0.0.1 P. Cambridgei
0.0.1 P. Irminia
For future reference, when writing out a scientific name the genus is caplitalized, and the speicies name is written in lowercase.

MrEMojo

Arachnosquire
Id suggest you look into a Heteroscodra maculata. One of the few arboreals with "thick legs"
Peace

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
^ is a good pick but doesn't get huge. Lampropelma nigerrimum has nice stocky legs but only reaches about 6" or so. What might be perfect: Cyriopagopus sp. Sumatran tiger :D Reach 8.5" and with thick legs. Tough to find but absolutely gorgeous!

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
If you like A. braunhauseni (which can be a little hard to find) why not pick up an A. metallica? They are that same Avicularia "basic black" except with short, whitish setae instead of longer red ones. It doesn't get quite as large as braunhauseni either, but it can hit a good 7" within 2-3 years. They're also fairly low priced, which is generally a plus.

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If you like A. braunhauseni (which can be a little hard to find) why not pick up an A. metallica? They are that same Avicularia "basic black" except with short, whitish setae instead of longer red ones. It doesn't get quite as large as braunhauseni either, but it can hit a good 7" within 2-3 years. They're also fairly low priced, which is generally a plus.
Exactly what I was thinking.metallica are stunning IMHO,and readily available at just about ANY size.

BayBredBeardies

Arachnopeon
You learn something new everyday :)
Definitely learned something new today lol.

The question here is if you think you are ready for OW species?
I'm pretty sure I'll be ready as long as I just research a ton. I give my T's a lot of respect, so I'm not worried.

Aviator/Moltar: Thank you for the advice! I've heard about them a lot, will definitely look into them.

Thanks to all of you!! :worship: Taking notes as I head into the San Francisco bay Area Tarantula Society (SFBATS) meeting tomorrow. Looking to take home a new buddy :)

CharlyT

Arachnopeon
A. versicolor's are colorful and rather fluffy, and they look thick legged to me.

Sukai94

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hey,
For my next T, I just want a huge arboreal with thick legs and nice colors. Sorta like the Avicularia Braunshaseni, but I want to make sure I open all my options. Any suggestions? :confused:
Avicularia Azuraklaasi is the stockiest Avic IMO. Here is one of my females.

jt39565

Arachnoknight
try Sulawesi Black (Cyriopagopus sp."Sulawesi Black")
slightly on the expensive side but its a beauty!