Looking for a key for south european Lycosidae

ErikWestblom

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
As the title states, I'm looking for an identification key for south european Lycosidae. Anyone knows where to get hold of one?

schnautzr

Arachnosquire
I've been looking for a Midwest North American one myself. Unfortunately, the Internet is littered with too much casual Lycosidae identification that doesn't go past the family level (put there only to separate them from recluses/hobos).

If anyone finds a North American one, post it here, too... :|

The only key I know of is the one in How to Know the Spiders (a very nicely-done North American key to the whole of Arachnida), but it doesn't include any of the lycosids I find in my area, much to my dissatisfaction.

jsloan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
There is an excellent, detailed book on the Lycosidae of Canada that includes many species also found in the midwest. It has keys which take you to the species level, and includes diagrams of the epigyne, palps and other diagnostic features. Unfortunately, it's out of print and difficult to find but worth having if you can turn up a copy:

The Wolf Spiders, Nurseryweb Spiders, and Lynx Spiders of Canada and Alaska (1990) by Charles D. Dondale and James H. Redner. It was published by Agriculture Canada.