Little white spot on sling's abdomen

Braulio Paz

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone.

I need some help here.

Today I was checking on my slings - as I usually do every 4-5 days- and I noticed this white spot at the bottom of one of my G Pulchra slings. I tried wiping it off hoping it was poop, but it wasn't. So I applied a little bit of iodopovidone and she was super cooperative, she even pointed her abdomen up so I could reach the spot with a Q tip.

Is there anything I should worry about? For how long should I apply iodopovidone there? Also, she hasn't eaten in about a month, but she doesn't seem to be in pre-molt either.

Any help and experience on the subject is very much appreciated.

Attachments

vancwa

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Stop using Iodopovidone. It can be an irritant to humans and could adversely affect your T through absorption so I would not risk it Could be a cyst.

wesker12

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If I recall correctly, iodopovidone has been utilized for fungal infections in theraposidae;

Check out page 33, subsection arachnids.

As for what it is, I can't say if it's a cyst or fungal infection or what but if we can't figure out what, best case scenario is leave it until you know more.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
All you can likely do is just monitor it and be patient and see how it turns out.

DaveM

ArachnoOneCanReach
Old Timer
I have seen something like this post-molt, and it mostly went away / faded away after the next molt, and was completely gone the molt after that.
The shed molt showed a little, weird patch in the exoskeleton that had slight stiffness/thickening in the otherwise thin and extremely flexible abdomen cuticle. I don't know what it was other than an irregularity in the exoskeleton. My spider was somewhat portly, overfed a bit in current thinking, and I speculated that it might be the result of some abrasion, like a scar or a callus -- that was my guess, but I really don't know.

I found another thread here reporting a similar anomaly: https://arachnoboards.com/threads/white-spot-on-abdomen-post-molt.288315/

I think you should just leave it alone, take good care of your spider as usual, and that it will probably resolve itself in coming molts.

wesker12

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Exactly as Dave said, beauty of these lil critters is their remarkable regenerative ability to molt out out of all sorts of issues!

Braulio Paz

Arachnopeon
Thank you all for your help. I won't put anything on that spot then and I'll be hoping for a molt soon.

If the spot gets bigger, I'll reach out to you again.

Thanks!!