Linothele did not molt her abdomen?

randyr

Arachnopeon
I have a Linothele sling about .5" in size. She molted today and noticed that the molt has no abdomen on it. I was able to watch her do it from a distance and she pushed out with ease, but her abdomen did not molt. She looks almost translucent but her abdomen is still black. Just legs/carapace came out. I tried to do some research on this and found nothing of the species.

Have all tarantulas so not sure if this is always the case?

Brewser

AraneaeRebel
Arachnosupporter
I have a Linothele sling about .5" in size. She molted today and noticed that the molt has no abdomen on it. I was able to watch her do it from a distance and she pushed out with ease, but her abdomen did not molt. She looks almost translucent but her abdomen is still black. Just legs/carapace came out. I tried to do some research on this and found nothing of the species.

Have all tarantulas so not sure if this is always the case?
Please Post Pics

IntermittentSygnal

Arachnotic
Arachnosupporter +
I only have T’s, so my advice is based on that, but if she has exuviae stuck in her anus and lungs, you’ll want to get a soft paint brush and some water before she hardens.

randyr

Arachnopeon
Please Post Pics
Tried to grab pics this morning but she is hard to photograph in all her webbing and being so small. Was able to pull the molt. I could not see the carapace on the molt, but her spinnerets look longer/abdomen is smaller. If I didn’t watch her molt I probably wouldn’t have noticed a thing.