Laundry Mystery spider

blinkbot

Arachnopeon
Hello so earlier today I found this spider in one of my 2 year olds T shirts that I was folding from a basket in my basement I was just curious On the type of spider it is I did my best to take photos of it but it’s quick if someone could please help me I would really appreciate it. Thank you so much. I’m live in Kenosha Wisconsin also if that helps

Attachments

Theraphosphor

Arachnosquire
Looks like a yellow sac spider, Cheiracanthium sp. Not dangerous, just very fast. I have two as pets.

blinkbot

Arachnopeon
Looks like a yellow sac spider, Cheiracanthium sp. Not dangerous, just very fast. I have two as pets.
I love its two big eyes. what do you feed yours I think I want to keep him/her but if you recommend I don't I can just release it

Godsmack1934

Arachnosquire
I love its two big eyes. what do you feed yours I think I want to keep him/her but if you recommend I don't I can just release it
Assuming you have the ability to care for it I don't see why you shouldn't keep it as a pet. I'm not sure how similar they are but I feed my Brown Recluse crickets and it isn't too picky on the size. If you do keep it as a pet please keep us updated!

blinkbot

Arachnopeon
Assuming you have the ability to care for it I don't see why you shouldn't keep it as a pet. I'm not sure how similar they are but I feed my Brown Recluse crickets and it isn't too picky on the size. If you do keep it as a pet please keep us updated!
I will! Im building its enclosure now hope fully my beardy wont mind sharing her crickets lol

goofyGoober99

Arachnosquire
Yep definitely a Cheiracanthium inclusum or mildei. I love their little black toes. Mine is the only spider I've ever had escape. He managed to squeeze through the ventilation holes in his first enclosure. Found him on the ceiling the next day 😆. Now he lives in a 4x4x4 (with much smaller holes) with lots of spots to hide and places to make his little sacs. I spritz some water on the wall and his webbing a couple times a week for hydration and leave his substrate on the dryer side. 20240408_013722.jpg
10/10 would kidnap off the wall again. It's very fun to watch him hunt and he's pretty easy to keep alive 👍👍

Tarantulasareanimalstoo

Arachnosquire
See had this been my family the poor spider wouldn't have made it:sad:. I am the savior to spiders that "accidentally" wander into my house. My mother says that she has an agreement with spiders that she'll leave them alone so long as they don't come in the house... Like yes mother because that makes sense that you have an agreement with ever flipping spider on the planet :rolleyes:. So yes she is the only obstacle between me and having a spider collection... and frankly I choose life for me and the spiders :depressed:.

Theraphosphor

Arachnosquire
See had this been my family the poor spider wouldn't have made it:sad:. I am the savior to spiders that "accidentally" wander into my house. My mother says that she has an agreement with spiders that she'll leave them alone so long as they don't come in the house... Like yes mother because that makes sense that you have an agreement with ever flipping spider on the planet :rolleyes:. So yes she is the only obstacle between me and having a spider collection... and frankly I choose life for me and the spiders :depressed:.
When people say they don't like spiders, I show them close-ups. Or videos of them being cute.

goofyGoober99

Arachnosquire
I've always been the one that dealt with any spiders in the house too. Didn't start keeping them until I moved out. The only thing that's made my family a bit more comfortable with spiders is pictures of my jumpers. My mom has even said that my Phiddipus regius is kinda cute. Jumpers seem to be the best way to start changing a spider haters mind tbh.