Largest Centipede?

Geography Guy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have heard of 3 centipedes being the largest in the world. One I can't remember but it started with a V. Something like Virdicorins? Then the gigantea and the galapagoes one. What is actually the largest in th world?

Cheers,

CopperInMyVeins

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Which is really the largest is still kind of up in the air, since there have been giants reported with all three species, the amount of intraspecific variations among centipedes doesn't make things any easier. There could easily still be several undiscovered giant species as well, due to the secretive nature of centipedes, and the limited amount of serious research that's been done. S. gigantea, S. viridicornis, and S. galapagoensis are all huge, that's for sure.

KennyGee

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Man i need to get a centipede all i got is a centipede that i cant id and there everywere.

Scorp guy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Viridicoris, and galapogoenesis, i get the two mixed up a lot.

Tleilaxu

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So where can you get them? Especial that black one the guy was holding.:drool:

CopperInMyVeins

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Steven, since you have the keys, can you tell me what the antenna segment count on Scolopendra galapagoensis is? Is it 19 by any chance?

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
CopperInMyVeins said:
Steven, since you have the keys, can you tell me what the antenna segment count on Scolopendra galapagoensis is? Is it 19 by any chance?
don't have the keys are at the office,... will look it up for ya and post them this weekend,... promise ! ;)

PS: total antennae segment count isn't that reliable as they can loose some when they get stuck etc...
amount of smooth basil antennea segments is more accurate tmo.

Randolph XX()

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
just curious
what's the point of getting the id keys even u don't have the speciment?
BTW
Can u post some pics of Sc.angulata?
i've seen several pics under the name, but seem to be haitian alternans IMO