L. Quinquestriatus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antares

Arachnopeon
Empi said:
I would say anyone that will hold there life in they're hand is pretty brave wouldn't you?
No, IMHO handling a deadly scorp is not brave, it is irresponsible, but as I said in my previous post, I don't care if he does it: I just think he shouldn't post pics of him doing that on a public forum.

hamfoto

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
quinquestriatus said:
...And if I do get stung one day...... Well, at least I'll die doing something I love.
nice thinking...how about when you do die from the sting, your spirit put the scorpion back in its cage so it doesn't sting anyone else, like your family or friends that find you dead or the EMT workers that try to revive you...or your neighbors, etc...
either you are poking a sharp stick at the people here on the boards trying to provoke a response or you're just a plain idiot...

ThatGuy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Empi said:
Ah, back the truck up a wee bit! I did not encourage his behavior at all. I just stated that I can't say anything because I handle my scorps. And he is very brave. That does not mean what he is doing isn't stupid or down right idiotic! I would say anyone that will hold there life in they're hand is pretty brave wouldn't you? I do not encourage handling of any scorps and would never hold a potentially deadly scorp for the sake of the hobby...
ill second that !

quinquestriatus

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Who to address first.... Fergrim..... The reason I pick my animals up is because I have a special bond with all my animals. Arachnids are very perceptive and can smell your scent/ pheramones. The reason why I would never allow anyone into the cage of my L.Q.'s is becuase I can almost garuantee they get stung. I've been workin' with my L.Q.'s for quite a while. They know my scent. There are also other criteria that have to be met before I attempt to handle my L.Q.'s. I don't want people to think that it's ok to pick one up so I'm choosing not to write them down. All you other people out there that pick these up you know what they are. Lets just leave it at that. And the bottom line is they know my scent.

Barkscorpion....... I've taken in what yall are posting. I understand your worry for the "hobby" but, I'm still goin' to handle my scorps. I'm not the only one out there that picks up deadly scorps I know of a few people that do it. Of course I started to do it BEFORE I met these other people. I also understand the threat imposed by me doin' this but, I haven't been stung and hopefully with my methods of freehandlin' I never will get stung. So far my free handlin' methods seem to work on all my scorps and T's. My pedes on the other hand are crazy. I've handled my polymorpha but, my vietnamese pede is psycho. Maybe one day I'll post a pic of me handlin' him.... but, until then he can sit his <edit> in his cage. And before yall scream at me for that one..... Pede venom is nothin' like scorp venom. They're totally different. I wont die from a bite of a subspinipes. It's just supossed to be VERY paunful.

And now to Hamfoto..... Callin' me an idiot or any other names is uncalled for. That aint gonna stop me from pickin' up my scorps. All that's gonna do is make me mad. Appearantly you just don't understand these animals and don't realize that these animals don't attack for no reason. Your eyes are glued shut. You're ignorant. It probably makes you feel good to put others down too. HUH? I have an understanding for my animals. It takes a lot to get scorps to sting but the thing YOU got to remember is scorps are just like people. They all have their own little personalities. Even w/in the same species or even sub species. I hope to one day prove that scrops, T's, and possibly even pedes aren't just mindless creatures. They're beautiful intelligent creatures that can learn to recognize their owners/ handlers/ care givers.

Prymal

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Quin,

I realize that despite what anyone says you're going to handle your PD scorpion. All I can say is that I hope your interpretive skills regarding your scorp's behavior allow you to handle him (them) without endangering yourself and others because, we place a lot of weight into the possible effects such an occurrence will have on us but if something medically significant were to happen to you then, it effects a lot of people including your family, loved ones, friends, etc. Stay safe!

Luc

ThatGuy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
this one is for Mr. quinquestriatus do you have any other scorps and if so do you breed them by any chance ? :?

The Juice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
"Appearantly you just don't understand these animals and don't realize that these animals don't attack for no reason." :wall:

<edit> You should really think about selling or giving your Scorps to a responsoble hobbiest & buy a chia pet. All you are doing is thinking aabout yourself. <edit> I highly doubt your Scorps "Know your scent" you have an arachnid not a dog as a pet. :wall:

Last edited by a moderator:

ThatGuy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
The Juice said:
"Appearantly you just don't understand these animals and don't realize that these animals don't attack for no reason." :wall:

<edit> You should really think about selling or giving your Scorps to a responsoble hobbiest & buy a chia pet. All you are doing is thinking aabout yourself. <edit>

I highly doubt your Scorps "Know your scent" you have an arachnid not a dog as a pet. :wall:
see this is the kinda stuff that gets threads shut off :wall: ........i dont think name calling and threatning bodlyharm are going to do anything besides A: people getting banned from the site or B: thread getting locked.

but thats just me.

quinquestriatus

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ThatGuy said:
see this is the kinda stuff that gets threads shut off :wall: ........i dont think name calling and threatning bodlyharm are going to do anything besides A: people getting banned from the site or B: thread getting locked.

but thats just me.
I totally agree w/ you.

And to answer your question about if I have multiple scorps.... Yes I do. And you also asked if I breed them. Well, yes I do that too. It's just a matter of how long it takes for them to pop. I'm not currently breeding to give out to the public. I'm doin' it because I'm intersted in arachnids and I want to know everything there is to know about them. When my female deathstalker pops I'll retain all but a few. I have more T's that are pregnant than scorps. Those I'll get rid of. But, the scorps I'll probably hold on to until they are old enough and stable enough to be shipped. I might just raise them up until they are adults or keep them the rest of their lives. I'm not sure yet. Only time will tell.

The Juice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
The Juice said:

<edit> You should really think about selling or giving your Scorps to a responsoble hobbiest & buy a chia pet. All you are doing is thinking aabout yourself. <edit> I highly doubt your Scorps "Know your scent" you have an arachnid not a dog as a pet. :wall:

I didn't threaten nobody, but is that^ better for you? Maybe getting stung will be the only way he will respect hot scorps,the hobby & other hobbiest. It sucks because there is a good chance he will ruin the hobby for everyone. No need to give "them" a reason to ban venomous inverts.

Empi

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Antares said:
No, IMHO handling a deadly scorp is not brave, it is irresponsible, but as I said in my previous post, I don't care if he does it: I just think he shouldn't post pics of him doing that on a public forum.
Just because it is an irresponsible thing to do does not mean he is any less brave to do it. For example, riding a motorcycle at 180 MPH on the freeway is a very irresponsible thing to do. But speaking from experience it takes a brave soul to do so. But you can be really brave and still be as dumb as a bag of hammers. Bravery has nothing to do irresponsibility. There is a lot of brave irresponsible people out there....

Antares

Arachnopeon
Empi said:
Just because it is an irresponsible thing to do does not mean he is any less brave to do it. For example, riding a motorcycle at 180 MPH on the freeway is a very irresponsible thing to do. But speaking from experience it takes a brave soul to do so. But you can be really brave and still be as dumb as a bag of hammers. Bravery has nothing to do irresponsibility. There is a lot of brave irresponsible people out there....
Well if that is your definition of bravery then I can agree with it, except I would call it recklessness. But let's not have a semantic debate :)

nightbreed

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Brave can also mean stupid - quinquestriatus I'm not saying your stupid ;) - don't get me wrong there are truly brave individuals in the world but reckless does not equal brave.
I've worked with a lot of people that could be described as "brave" and some that actually are brave but IMO with alot of "brave" people it comes down to either a lack of imagination and not being in full possession of the facts or being as thick as a stump, now quin seems to have a fairly good grasp of the facts, so I'm guessing he just cant imagine something bad happening to him, I'd be willing to bet that his "I'll die doing something I love" attitude will evaporate pretty rapidly if he ever gets tagged.

And as for scorps and T's recognising their owner, I'll believe it when you get them to fetch a stick {D

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Okay kids, you've had your fun. I don't have time to edit this all now, but for the moment this thread is closed. If anyone decides to take this up in another thread, there will be dire concequences.

Cheers,
Dave

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
Dave I took care of editing out the Personal Attacks.

John
];')

Status
Not open for further replies.