L.fallax for first spider??

executivebexley

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone, first post here
I've been keeping tiny wild jumping spiders a while, and gonna make the Jump into big spiders. My local pet shop has an l.fallax sling for £10 (15 bucks ish)
Would l.fallax be suitable for my first "tarantula" even though it's a sheet web spider!
They're beautiful, i know they don't come up often and it's super cheap, it would be a shame to pass it up, but im worried it's not a good idea for a complete beginner.

My other option is a curly hair which I know will be no problems or salmon pink toed birdeater l.parahybana which I don't know much about

Any advice??
Thanks, Ben x

EnigmaNyx

Arachnoknight
I’m not entirely sure on the L Fallax as a beginner T, but both the T Albo and the L Para are both recommended as beginner T’s due to their docile nature and overall ease of care.

There’s quite a few folks on here that will recommend the T Albo even though they’re normally given out as freebies. They have a “unique” personality and are fun to watch

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Are you referring to the Linothele fallax? If so I would not recommend getting a Linothele as your first large sprider, its a fast Dipluridae and it is venemous. You would be better off going the Tliltocatl route. They are great tarantulas!! Or even with the Lasiodora.

mantisfan101

Arachnoprince
I wouldn’t recommend them at all, they’re quick, get big, and have potent venom, even more so than most other nw ts. I agree with the tlitocatl, get vagans if you can! A bit more skittish but fast growth(for a tlitocatl/brachypelma at least), VERY good appetite, and almost always out and about

executivebexley

Arachnopeon
Cool thank you people! I'm gonna go for the curly wurly Tliltocatl. I'll wait til I've got more experience before getting something meaner 🙂

basin79

ArachnoGod
Got a tiny L.fallax sling in July. She's already around 4.5cm leg span. Obviously they are very leggy though.

Absolutely rapid. Heavy, heavy webbers so even though they can't climb smooth surfaces they will web all the sides up. Can't say how defensive they are yet but will be rehousing mine soon so will find out.

I think the issue you might have is rehousing. I put my sling in a 4.5inch (approx) cube and after her next moult I'll be rehousing into an 8 inch cube and after that her final enclosure. Growth is rapid so you'll soon have a decent sized extremely fast spider to deal with.

But aye they are absolutely stunning.

B7B0D75E-62F8-46B9-81C1-C2D2450A6D63.jpeg
8FF489CA-104A-47C2-ACA8-24FACE3A05E1.jpeg

3DD75F5F-8F7E-47B5-8822-4BB6BF210FDF.gif