Juvenile Phoneutria not Active

toolrick

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hey there!!!

As you know from previews messages I have posted in here, I am new to phoneutria spiders which I have cought in my house. Well recently I have seen my juvenile not acting as she did until 2 days ago. She was very active during the night, only when you turned the lights off though, but she moved from one place to another. 2 nights ago, she has been staying at the same place in a bark doing nothing, even when I turned the light off she did not move. Today I used a pen to touch her to see if she would react, and it did but really slowly, before she used to do the threatening possition.
I do not know if this is something normal. I know it is not premolt because she molted 2 weeks ago.
The only thing I might have done weird in the cage is clean it and add some a huge bark which I think she likes because she's been lying there for the whole time.

I hope to have an answer from any experieced Phoneutria keepers here.
I know that juveniles are much more actives than those of adult age, so what reason could it be???

Ricardo

Raikiri

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi,

if you feed it well I think it's ok. My Phoneutria specimens also do kinda thing.