Its Arrived!!!!

davus

Arachnopeon
Its Arrived!!!!..with piccys!

Hi guys..well after a few days delay my h.spinifer has arrived..i will try and get some pictures later as after about 20 mins in the tank he's buried himself somewhere and i cant see him anywhere!!...i must say he doesnt like much human contact as he was more than willing to show me his stinger :D ..like i say when he emerges ill try and get some piccys and see what u guys think :)

Last edited:

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
That's great!! I hope to see your pics soon. BTW how big is your scorp?

davus

Arachnopeon
he's about 4 cms long at the mo...i didnt realise he would bury himself so soon..lol

davus

Arachnopeon
hi guys ok ive took a couple of piccys of the tank to see if you lot think its ok for my h.spinifer...but i must admit im a little concerned as after about 20 mins he buried somewhere and i havent seen him since,ive tried having a small dig but i still cant see him..is this normal? :?

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Looks like you have done very well!!! That enclosure looks great and so does your scorp. I hope you enjoy it :)

guesskatiejules

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The enclosure looks gorgeous...what kind of substrate are you using?
And are those real branches, or plastic plants? Just curious... :?

davus

Arachnopeon
Cheers guys..im using 100% peat and i have false jungle moss,im using the layer of gravel and my tube to keep the tank nice and humid..just wish id see him more :D

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
hey davus,
excellent setup, very natural setting, your scorp has a luxury lodge there :p

is this one of bugsdirectuk's "thailand jungle scorpions" ??

davus

Arachnopeon
hi..yes its of bugs direct but it was called a asian forest scorpion..h.spinifer...i would get some closer shots of him but he's proving very elusive at the mo :D .I am pleased how the tank has worked out as i wanted to make it as realistic as poss

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
oh yea also, yes it is normal for them to burrow, thats all they do IME

davus

Arachnopeon
to be honest im unsure wether a spinifer was the correct choice as its the most inactive scorp ive had..not really a display item really :(

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
one alternative is to NOT let it burrow.

the other is to wait a while, and then it will come out nearly every night,
also, introducing a cage mate of the same size will increase chance of seeing them, but if you only keep one, make sure he is not too well fed, so he will be out hunting more often

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yeah George is right. When I feed mine alot they disappear in their burrows or hides for weeks at a time.
I have some Emperors that I use a T section of PVC pipe that is about 4 inches in diameter w/ 2 of the openings next to the sides of the tank so I can check on them.

davus

Arachnopeon
how would he react to a red night light so i can see in the tank at night?

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
they dont react much, and the more you use it, the less they will react in future, try it :p

TresScorps

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I Have a Setup of 4 asian forrest together in a 10 gallon tank , I Leave the Red 75 wat bulb going at night and have heat tape set up on both sides of the tank , they come out almost everynight , they stay out for hours at a time .. If you do buy more , always keep them in pairs , I had 3 at one point and the other two ate the smaller one , now that i have 4 they all seam to get along great {D , Asian forrest scorpions are very cool , hope you enjoy yours ..