Isopod species???

ozzymandias

Arachnopeon
A quick Google search says that the only species native to the American Southwest is Venezillo arizonicus.

Attached picture is from iNaturalist which was taken near Sanibel, Florida. It's a little hard to tell from your pictures; do you think it's the same animal?

Attachments

Biollantefan54

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I’m not sure what species it is but by using INaturalist I found over 7 different isopod species in Arizona, with there surely being more.

ozzymandias

Arachnopeon
I’m not sure what species it is but by using INaturalist I found over 7 different isopod species in Arizona, with there surely being more.
I gotta eat crow, you are more than right. That's what I get for just looking at the first page of Google. It does look like something from the genus Venezillo -- but it could easily be something from Porcellio or Armidillium.

Nmarie

Arachnopeon
A quick Google search says that the only species native to the American Southwest is Venezillo arizonicus.

Attached picture is from iNaturalist which was taken near Sanibel, Florida. It's a little hard to tell from your pictures; do you think it's the same animal?
agabiformius lentus yes that's my little guy!