isopod cohabiting

fishy

Arachnopeon
im planning to get some armadillidium vulgare gem mix for my birthday, can panda kings cohabit with them? and will i need springtails? if panda kings cant cohabit, any suggestions for other ones? i think itd be neat to have a variety

HooahArmy

Arachnoknight
Here is a link on cohabitation for isopods. You can also look further online to see all sorts of other opinions:
weirdpets.ph/blogs/isopod-care/can-i-keep-different-isopods-together

Springtails are also optional, and while some people swear by them, others don't see them as necessary. Whether or not you decide on springtails also depends on the size of your enclosure and colony. They're wonderful to have as a cleanup team for large groups of isopods and deeper tanks.

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
Cohabitation is a great way to end up with only one species remaining... People have lost cultures to accidental cross contamination of isopods....

Salmonsaladsandwich

Arachnolord
If you want to try cohabbing isopods, mixing Porcellionides pruinosus and Cubaris murina is supposed to be a combo that works better than most long-term (I currently have a setup with both that's working fine so far).

Panda kings are allegedly very similar to C. murina in most ways, so maybe pruinosus and panda kings could work too, but i wouldn't risk trying that until you already have an established colony of panda kings and can take some to experiment with.

Arthropod Universe

Arachnosquire
Most of Cubaris should be able to Cohab with pruinosis but pruinosis might outcompete cubaris for resources and pruinosis will be most of your setup