is my centipede a chicken or wut

CedrikG

Arachnoking
Old Timer
heya ... well... now I just think that my centipede is boring man, this is my first centipede , and I must admit i did'nt tought a centipede was like that...
maaaaaaaaannnnn, it does 2 month and even more he refuses to feed, almost all the time hidden ... he's even afraid of the cricket!!! he's really afraid of 'em its like... just boring

my temp and humidity is always perfect, its usually always dark in my room... everything is right, tsss... i've put many pinky mouse he refuse EVERYTHING, i've tried a dead cricket he dont even bother ...

thedreadedone

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i dont see my centipede for weeks at a time - ive never seen it eat (but it does eat)
if you are bored already, maybe a centipede is not a good pet for you

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
and now you wish you'd never bought a pede ? :?

sorry to disappoint ya,... but if you were looking for a very exciting pet-invert to show off with,... bzzzzzzzzz wrong choice ;P :razz:

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
Kirdec, You need to be patient. Can you post a picture of your enclosure ? (I'm forever interested in other people's setups)

I see my two S. subspinipes eat all the time.

Mori

CedrikG

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I dont have a picture i'll be getting one if we need too

dont get me wrong i did'nt buy a centipede just for watching him feeding, I love the animal, but im really disapointed to see he dont do a thing and dont even eat

i've T's and I think they are fascinating, and between me and you these are not the most actives ...

well I begin to think centipede are not for me... if AT LEAST he was eating, I dont care if he eats in front of me or not, but he dont eat, dont do anything

and heummm what make you think its to show off, asI said I got T's and even if they are not very active animal im totally fascinated by 'em ... its not to show off, I really love my pede I can watch him for hours even if he dont move, thats jsut frustrating man, I do my best and nothing seem's to work

Last edited:

Randolph XX()

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
definately stressed..or either in premolt if he dozn't came out
if they are considered boring animals, then scorps and other inverts or ts are not idealistic enough for ya ;P
be patient, is wat u need hav u been waiting for longer than 3 months?how long have u have ur pedes?be patient, if u kept stag beetles or other large beetles, u'd need to wait few years, not just few months, u need to be patient instead of just posting numerous report in short period of time, u need long term observation records to be a good invert keeper, and it's inverts keeping 101. I do understand ur enthusiasm, but patient
i do hope u have a good luck on this individual...

Last edited:

CedrikG

Arachnoking
Old Timer
im prety sure i'll change it for some T's ... I prefer by far T's

I know what you can think, when newbie come in tarantula forum and say theur problem I always think its because they never leave the animal alone and they do some things wrong , but beleive me he's NEVER disturbed, every day all day, always in the dark, at a perfect environment for no - stress ... I gave him 3 month to unstress and try to eat and he stil refuse, you know what I mean

here's a picture of the vivarium, the centipede is hidden under the rock, this vivarium is freshly rehoused ... it does 1 week, I started a hole , I tought she could continu to dig it like she want, what she did'nt, anyway here's the pic, theres the water dish behind the rock

Last edited:

fuzzy_spider

Arachnopeon
More of the keep to itself pet.

try feeding the centy some leafy greens. Mine always ate collard greens or romain lettuce...not crickets. Maybe that is why he doesn't want to eat them.
The Fuz ;)

Wolvie56X

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
thats a great setup man, i have no idea why its not eating, i just know when my pedes dont take food for a while, they usually end up dead or molting

ive had 2 pedes not take food for a few weeks to find them dead, then 1 more wasnt eating for a few weeks but it molted, maybe the other 2 died while molting, im not much of an expert, but they were doing fine before

the pedes i have now eat every single time i offer them food, so i hope yours turns around and starts to eat or molts, keep it humid in there and leave a few crickets in there

how big is the pede? i know you said before, i think 8" so maybe a cricket is too small? try a feeder roach if you can get any

danread

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Its probably either going to molt, lay eggs, or die. If it is a full grown adult, there is a possibility that it is coming to the end of its life and it is just naturally slowing its feeding and activity down. Some of my pedes go through very boring stages where i dont see it for a month or two, or it just doesnt really move much. Thats why i ahve lots of pedes, that way there is always at least one doing something.

Cheers,

CedrikG

Arachnoking
Old Timer
yeah this is something I had in mind ... the stupid petshop sold me an adult one because they knew it was going to die ...

he'S alla round the 8-9 inch man its probably an adult , got I hate pet shop that dont bother on anything except money $$ bling bling

danread

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I wouldn't blame the pet shop, you were the one that bought an adult centipede, so you must realise what it entails before buying it. The pet shop would have had no idea how old the pede is, they get a shipment of adult wild caught pedes and then sell them on. Some will live for a long time, some wont.

CedrikG

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I could'nt choose exactly the centipede I want, my dad bought it and took it home because it was at montreal and I live sherbrooke... never mind, I sell the centipede for 2 beautiful T, P. Murinus and H. Maculata

CedrikG

Arachnoking
Old Timer
heum and whats those quote ? i love my centipede but not more then T and I prefer have T soo i had a choice to do lol