Is it normal for a Pamphobeteus Esmeralda to fast?

Christin41

Arachnopeon
I'm a new owner, and from what I hear, they're always hungry and will take food up until they molt. Mine hasn't been eating for the past few weeks. It's possible she molted and I just can't find her molt because she dug herself a tunnel and I can't see it, but I don't think so. I can see her and she looks the same. Her dirt's a little dryer because I haven't wet it today, but I do keep it moist for her. Idk what could be wrong.

Attachments

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
She's in no danger of starving - her abdomen is very plump. She's probably just not hungry, or is near enough to a molt that she won't eat any more until after molting. That's really the only time my Pamphobeteus refuse food. It could be a couple more weeks, or another month or 2 - just be sure to keep the water dish full and only offer food if you see her out of the burrow looking for it.

sparticus

Arachnoknight
Your spider looks too round to fit any more food inside her. My pamphobeteus will also stop eating when it gets super full and starts preparing to molt. It can be a few weeks or more from when they stop eating until they molt, and then you need to wait another week or two after the molt until the fangs are fully black and shiny before offering food again.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
I'm a new owner, and from what I hear, they're always hungry and will take food up until they molt. Mine hasn't been eating for the past few weeks. It's possible she molted and I just can't find her molt because she dug herself a tunnel and I can't see it, but I don't think so. I can see her and she looks the same. Her dirt's a little dryer because I haven't wet it today, but I do keep it moist for her. Idk what could be wrong.
Mine hasn’t eaten in a year , although yours is a different pamphobeteus species care is the same so if it’s plump it Doesn’t need to eat .