Is a large tank too big for a Fireleg sling about 1 inch big?

Yusuf

Arachnopeon
I have a Mexican Fireleg sling about 1 inch big. I bought a fairly large fish tank (45cmx20cmx20cm) and it seems like the sling might be a bit overwhelmed by all the space. Most of the substrate is fairly flat with a few small hills, and I have put some fake plants in a corner and a toilet roll in the substrate for the sling to hide (although he hasn't even gone into it yet because he is walking around all the space in the tank). I would really appreciate some advice.
I ordered the Mexican Fireleg as mentioned above, but the shop delivered me a Mexican Red Rump as well, so I have decided to just keep it. So I just really need some advice about keeping tarantulas in general, as I have never kept spiders before.
Please look at the pictures for context.

Attachments

Yusuf

Arachnopeon
Edit: I just realized a good solution to my problem would be to put a divider into my current tank, which would give me enough space for both my Fireleg and Red Rump. Does anyone have experience with divided tanks?

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
Yes, it is far too large. No, divided tanks are never a good option.
This is a great thread to look at for information for new people and provides a lot of useful links to spiderling care.

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
You can keep it in a 16 oz deli cup until it's about 2 inches or so. It's better to keep things cheap and simple. And as has been already stated above, divided tanks ALWAYS end up with one fat spider.

Yusuf

Arachnopeon
Okay, I think I have a better understanding of how to keep them now. I'll move them to a 16 oz cup till they're bigger, and I won't use a divided tank. Thanks for the replies, it really helps

NukaMedia Exotics

#1 Tarantula Vendor in the USA! Ships Nationwide.
Waaaay to large for a 1" sling. A 1" sling shouldn't be in anything much bigger than a 16oz deli cup...

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
It isn’t too large if you have proper cover and provide with tons of insects to make sure it eats. Most people find the latter a pain though.