Inflamed looking mouth

Venomthetarantula

Arachnopeon
Hey, my friend is worried about her tarantula as its mouth looks inflamed to her. Its a pink-toe and she feeds it I believe everyday but I'm not sure on that one. (I did tell her to only feed every 4 days at the minimum) 1000016149.jpg

fcat

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
You'll want to post pictures...

FWIW I don't feed on any sort is schedule...only if their abdomen suggests they need it.

Sorry, my service is shotty and I swear there was no picture lol

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Inflamed? How can you tell?

also I never feed on a schedule- where did you learn that?? Sometimes I feed mine a 3 or 4 days in a row.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Can you describe/show what exactly mean by inflamed? I am not seeing what you are claiming to see

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
Looks fine to me. There's no need to feed an adult more often than once a week or so, slings and juveniles a little more often - but everyday is overfeeding.

Venomthetarantula

Arachnopeon
I feed Weekly depending on abdomen size. If it’s a fat t I won’t feed it until it molts .
Yea she said she actually only feeds every 3 days and if it doesnt eat, she'll wait for the 5 day mark

Can you describe/show what exactly mean by inflamed? I am not seeing what you are claiming to see
She just thinks its inflamed from it being red I guess?

Inflamed? How can you tell?

also I never feed on a schedule- where did you learn that?? Sometimes I feed mine a 3 or 4 days in a row.
I looked it up online, cause I can never tell otherwise when to feed but mine always eats and I personally usually feed mine big food so shes fine for a few days. Only time I'll feed more is after she molts

You'll want to post pictures...

FWIW I don't feed on any sort is schedule...only if their abdomen suggests they need it.

Sorry, my service is shotty and I swear there was no picture lol
Heres the pic I posted

Attachments

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I looked it up online, cause I can never tell otherwise when to feed but mine always eats and I personally usually feed mine big food so shes fine for a few days. Only time I'll feed more is after she molts
Looking on-line is like having 500 chefs in the kitchen 😉 And some chefs have no or little experience. The info you found is case in point.

I’ve raised irminia and others, always go by abdomen size and behavior. There’s no dinner bell in the wild 😎

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Can we back up a moment? The reddish color, telltale of inflammation, applies only to animals that have hemoglobin. Spiders, having hemolymph, would display grayish or slightly blue color in inflamed tissue. Do not use mammalian health indicators for exoskeletal animal health conditions. It's essentially anthropomorphism.

Inflammation: the expansion and sometimes rupture of blood vessels at and around the site of an injury. See Perfusion

There’s no dinner bell in the wild
Well, there is one, or rather two. Twilight and darkness and dawn. Go sit on a verdant forest floor as it becomes dark, and observe the activity especially among birds at dawn.

Last edited: