Imports - What it really takes - At request from another thread

Mister Internet

Big Meanie Doo Doo Head :)
Arachnosupporter +
It was a legal import.They approved it but I didn't(I shipped it back).to answer your Q forrestpengra I do keep rattlesnakes and I used to own a eyelash viper.I don't got the balls to keep a tai-pan!I was also wondering why I recieved the tai-pan,I can understand why I got the cobras since they have cobras in cambodia but why did I get a tai-pan?they're only found in australia!
I'm still struggling to understand how this was possible... if even the tiniest bit of paperwork is incorrect, shipments gets held up or confiscated. You're telling me that instead of 20 relatively harmless spiders, you received some of the deadliest snakes in the world, and customs said "no problem, minor mixup?" What port was this?
Again, I'm still very, very curious how something like this comes about... could you describe the process and what paperwork you filled out? Also, like I asked earlier, what port did these come in at? Do you have the names of the customs officials?

Also, the name of the exporter would be handy as well, so people know whom to avoid, as they are obviously engaged in life-threatening practices. Thanks in advance for assisting our hobby by providing this information...

super-pede

Arachnobaron
Again, I'm still very, very curious how something like this comes about... could you describe the process and what paperwork you filled out? Also, like I asked earlier, what port did these come in at? Do you have the names of the customs officials?

Also, the name of the exporter would be handy as well, so people know whom to avoid, as they are obviously engaged in life-threatening practices. Thanks in advance for assisting our hobby by providing this information...
Sorry for the delayed reply.
The shipment came in to LA about 2 years ago.
I recieved a email saying that the shipment had arrived.In the email they said that they(the inspectors whose names escaped me)that they were holding the package until further notice.when I picked up the package 2 weeks later I found a dead cobra and 1live one and 1 taipan.I have the name of the exporters in my contact book so I will find their names and post them.