ID please?

SerenityValley

Arachnopeon
Found this little one in an aircraft yard. Fully burrowed, but ran out when we had to dig up some pipes. "he" is very small, front to back, not quite as long as a dime. Fairly aggressive, and started burrowing as soon as I put it into new container.

Attachments

Venom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Looks like a Dysdera crocata "woodlouse hunter." Nice find!

TomM

Arachnobaron of Pennsylvania
Old Timer
I actually just caught one a few days ago. It's about 1" maybe a little more. It already ate 2 isopods and then holed itself up.

Last edited:

mikem

Arachnopeon
yea, i catch these guys in my yard underneath some old boards around the shed. i've heard they have a strong bite. haven't tested that out yet.

SerenityValley

Arachnopeon
Looks like a Dysdera crocata "woodlouse hunter." Nice find!

Venom-

Hello, thanks! I looked them up, and that is exactly what she is! Thank you for posting!

All I can find is that they are large.........do you know how big I can expect her to get?

TomM

Arachnobaron of Pennsylvania
Old Timer
There are a few around my house that I see get a little bigger than an inch. But, most hover around 1" as an adult.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
one of the greatest things i have ever seen in nature

a Dyssie threw a threat display at *me*! it was... just awesome! it lifted its front legs off the ground, opened up those HUGE ol' fangs at me.... and you know what? it worked. i was just going to hand collect it and i got a little cuppie out of respect of its moxie =P

J Morningstar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
and for you to say that Mr. "I'll see what happens when it bites me ...THEN see if a paramedic is nessasary." is respect!