ID - Croatian

Crysta

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey there, I've been looking through my old pictures and I was wondering what the ID of the following spiders may be?
All found in southern croatia
Thanks!

Crysta

Also I would like to include this spider from mexico, found under a rock, such a beauty, what is it?

Last edited:

Irks

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
that first one is real pretty :) Don't know what it is though.

Tarantula_Hawk

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
First one is an Agelenidae, Tegenaria sp.
Second is Uroctea durandi (Oecobiidae).
Third is a very young Steatoda paykulliana (Theridiidae).
Fourth one from Mexico should be a Gnaphosidae.

ErikWestblom

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
First one is an Agelenidae, Tegenaria sp.
Second is Uroctea durandi (Oecobiidae).
Third is a very young Steatoda paykulliana (Theridiidae).
Fourth one from Mexico should be a Gnaphosidae.
Are you sure that first one is a Tegenaria? Looks nothing like any Teg I've seen...

Crysta

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Are you sure that first one is a Tegenaria? Looks nothing like any Teg I've seen...
He seems to be right about all of them.
This possibly 'teg' was found in the garage, got in through the bar gate. I think it might be a Tegenaria because the females are just as big and but not as colorful.
Thank you very much for the I'd's Tarantula_Hawk, they seem to be right on the money!! :D

Last edited:

Tarantula_Hawk

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thank you very much for the I'd's erik, they seem to be right on the money!! :D
Im no erik! :(
But anyways, yea the first one is Tegenaria. Its a subadult male and is bit more colorful than the ones you usually see, but remember that patterns vary alot and there's several other Tegenaria species other than the usual atrica/duellica/domestica. The only other thing i can think of is Malthonica, but im still pretty sure its a Tegenaria. :)

Crysta

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Im no erik! :(
But anyways, yea the first one is Tegenaria. Its a subadult male and is bit more colorful than the ones you usually see, but remember that patterns vary alot and there's several other Tegenaria species other than the usual atrica/duellica/domestica. The only other thing i can think of is Malthonica, but im still pretty sure its a Tegenaria. :)
whoops i edited it! :D lol
thank you once again :) and yes he was one of the most colorful spiders I found while I was there :)

here are two more POV's

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
Really cool pics- I love to see the "commoners" from different parts of the world.

Crysta

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yeah I like to see them as well :) Hehe hopefully I get to travel some more and take a lot of pictures!