I "think" i found Latrodectus in MI...

GartenSpinnen

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I think i finally found my "northern widow" i have been searching for for a long time, but its either an immature specimen or a male. Im thinking more along the lines of an immature specimen at the moment. If i am correct, isnt this species kinda a brownish color when they are immature? I found a web at work and i was thinking man that looks just like a Lactro web... so i have been watching it for weeks and finally i spotted the maker of it. I think i got what i was looking for.... but i will have to post a pic later. I hope its a female! And for the comedy side of it, it was found in the first aid station at work. Hehehe.... pics soon!
Cheers

John Apple

Just a guy
Old Timer
Sounds like maybe it could be...there are a few stetoda sp here that resemble latros...therids also. What area did you find the latro in or town.
i have the locals of a few colonies here in Michigan.

GartenSpinnen

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sounds like maybe it could be...there are a few stetoda sp here that resemble latros...therids also. What area did you find the latro in or town.
i have the locals of a few colonies here in Michigan.
It was found on the border of Berrien and Cass county in southwestern Michigan, in the city of Niles. The other thing i was thinking was Steatoda sp., but man i hope not, i really want to find this species, not a look alike!
Cheers

John Apple

Just a guy
Old Timer
your in the right area...there is a nice sized colony in Grand rapids and all along the western side of the state

Shogun

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I wanted to find one as well, but they all seem too far away :(

Maybe Ill have to stop being cheap and buy one...but i really dont want to do that!

John Apple

Just a guy
Old Timer
hey Shogun
Sounds like you and I will have to do a hunt in the next few weeks. I know another spot near me:cool:
Gonna be out west next weekend so I'll catch ya a lat or two

LongDucDong

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Cant wait to see the pics!

Now, dangit, where are the northern IL colonies?!?!? :evil: