I shipped for the first time today!

funnylori

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I shipped out my MM P. irminia today. I've never shipped before, and with all of these DoA's I'm more than a little worried! I'm afraid the bad vibes might get to him.

He's in a paper towel lined deli cup, with punched holes in the side. The lid is taped down. That is inside a Styrofoam shipper. The bottom is lined with soft foam like for cushions, and bubble wrap is packed around the cup and on top. There is a 7hr hand warmer heat pack I had around, wrapped in a small paper bag on one side, a few inches away from the deli cup. The lid is taped on the foam shipper, and the whole thing is in it's own cardboard box. I shipped it USPS guaranteed overnight. He should be in PA tomorrow by 3PM, and he's coming from Oregon.

I feel this is my biggest arachno-keeper test since I got my first sac!

Wish me luck!

Truff135

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sounds like he's safe from a nuclear explosion if you ask me :p . Things do still happen, but it sounds like you've taken all the necessary precautions. I wish you and your little ladies' man luck! :)

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
The key is to make sure there's as little room for him to move around as possible. That way, even if his deli cup shifts, he won't shift inside of it.

The only potential problem I see there is if the tarantula decides to molt during shipping...you shouldn't have that problem considering he's a MM.

Good luck!

funnylori

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The cup was lined with damp towels, and I put three on top of him. I doubt that he could move in the deli cup. :)

tacoma0680

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Congrats on the shipping we need more people to pack like you did for the worst and hope for the best great job