How long could Tarantula survive in mail ?

vrexiouz

Arachnopeon
Hi..

so i have a little problem here, i need to move from my hometown to another city..
so i ship some of my T's with local cargo here. ( i Live in indonesia btw)

unfortunately the pack gone missing for 22 days already.. and thats kinda make me stress thinking about it.. about this morning, a guy from the cargo companies text me he got my parcel, but its gonna take few more days til' it arrives at my place.

my question, how long Tarantulas can survive in the mail ?
and is there any chances that they might survived ?

all Ts were well packed in the microtubes, T's are well fed , temp ranging 28-32C here. most of them are slings.

Thank you..

BorisTheSpider

No this is Patrick
Old Timer
22 days especially for slings is probably too long . There is always hope , but I wouldn't be too optimistic .

vrexiouz

Arachnopeon
yeah.. thank you guys for your fast replies..
hopefully some of them survived.. :( i cant imagine unpack them with all the dead Ts inside

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
Depends on how they were packed and what the temps were. If they had moist padding in the vials and some airholes, and weren't too hot or in the sun, they could still be alive.

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince
I´ve heard stories of parcels with T´s being stuck at the customs office for weeks, only to turn up alive and well, so I wouldn´t give up all hope just yet. Good luck!

Pociemon

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hi..

so i have a little problem here, i need to move from my hometown to another city..
so i ship some of my T's with local cargo here. ( i Live in indonesia btw)

unfortunately the pack gone missing for 22 days already.. and thats kinda make me stress thinking about it.. about this morning, a guy from the cargo companies text me he got my parcel, but its gonna take few more days til' it arrives at my place.

my question, how long Tarantulas can survive in the mail ?
and is there any chances that they might survived ?

all Ts were well packed in the microtubes, T's are well fed , temp ranging 28-32C here. most of them are slings.

Thank you..
If they were packed very good they have a decent chance, but still, it is unsure...I hope they survive this ordeal...

lunarae

Arachnobaron
I don't have anything to add on the topic really except I hope they make it. Keep us posted and let us know when you get them how it turned out. I have my hopes up for you.

Quixtar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I've had Ts, both slings and adults, get lost in the mail for 2 weeks to turn up alive. It all depends on the species, outside temperature, and quality of packing. What species were they?

Abyss

Arachnoknight
For future reference, my wife and I traveled around the country for almost 2 years, moving to a new city (generally week long trips across the country) every 7 weeks.

Before we left i sold/gave away almost my entire collection but those that came with us did 100% fine the whole time.

Moral of the story, set the enclosures on the floorboard of your car and dont crabk the AC and nextime you should be just fine for sure :)

Best of luck and i hope they are OK when found!!!!!!!

Haksilence

Bad At Titles
Arachnosupporter
It's gonna depend on a number of variables, how ventilated is the parcel, how much moisture did they have access too, how well fed were they prior to shipping, where were they on their molt cycles.

I would guess that a good portion if not most/ all are dead. You may be lucky with a few survivers, Fingers crossed for you.

vrexiouz

Arachnopeon
Thank you very much guys !

I cant quote all your posts one by one..

Yes they do have airholes on the microtubes that ive used.

I havent got any news from the cargo.. i keep calling and mad at them everytime i call.

Oh and the species
There are
B.boehmei
G.pulchra
G.rosea
M.mesomelas
P.subfusca
P.bara
P.miranda
And a.geniculata

I will update as soon they arrived.. again thank you for all the hopes and support.. really appreciate that.. also pardon my english. Have a nice day everyone ☺

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
A P.cambridgei sling, a C.cyaneopubescens sling, for 16 days in the mail, safe & sound. Facts, not things i've heard :)

But enter a lot of things... how those are packed/protected, that no one play soccer with the parcel, the weather/temperature of the nation etc

Haksilence

Bad At Titles
Arachnosupporter
Thank you very much guys !

I cant quote all your posts one by one..

Yes they do have airholes on the microtubes that ive used.

I havent got any news from the cargo.. i keep calling and mad at them everytime i call.

Oh and the species
There are
B.boehmei
G.pulchra
G.rosea
M.mesomelas
P.subfusca
P.bara
P.miranda
And a.geniculata

I will update as soon they arrived.. again thank you for all the hopes and support.. really appreciate that.. also pardon my english. Have a nice day everyone ☺
You might have good luck, those are mostly fairly Hardy species, so long as it didn't get tremendously cold you might have a good chance at them all surviving

vrexiouz

Arachnopeon
Hello guys..

sorry for the late update..i'm very busy in the past week..
I do receive my pack.
sadly almost all of them died ( almost 90%).. only a few survives.
when i'm opening the pack its already starts smell bad.. :(
mostly died because dehydration..

well, its teaching me a new experience.. thank you for all the supports..
i guess i will restart all over again..

TheInv4sion

Arachnobaron
Hello guys..

sorry for the late update..i'm very busy in the past week..
I do receive my pack.
sadly almost all of them died ( almost 90%).. only a few survives.
when i'm opening the pack its already starts smell bad.. :(
mostly died because dehydration..

well, its teaching me a new experience.. thank you for all the supports..
i guess i will restart all over again..
Im sorry that sounds awful. Stay strong.

xFujimoto

Arachnopeon
Oh no, I'm sorry to hear about your Ts :( It sounds like a rather unfortunate experience, but hopefully one that you won't have to go through again.

I'm glad you had a few survivors, I hope they're doing well!