How Long Between Breeding?

HankyPankyRoe

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
O.K., sorry I didn't use the search eng......Had a family emergency with my daughter this morning.

My B. Vagans layed a sac. This was my first attempt at breeding and I decided 2 leave with her. It hatched about a month ago and now I've got quite a few of little BV's running around.:D

Question is how long do you wait before attempting to breed again?

Sunset

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
T's

you could try to double clutch her. that because put them back together again and see if they mate and if she lays a egg.

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
True double-clutching is when a spider drops multiple sacs from the same pairing(s), without being paired between sacs.

Musicwolf

Arachnoknight
As I understand it . . . . it's more dangerous for the male because the female is no longer "in the mood." She'll be more receptive after she molts again. Otherwise, the male will usually just become dinner.

mitchrobot

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
IME most female will not tolerate males after sac production. the ones that ive had double clutch were never re-pared after the first sac, but those have been psalmos or OBTs only, i havnt really heard of many terrestrials double clutching. id deffinitely wait for a molt.