How fast do OBT's grow?

Wolf135

Arachnoknight
I just received my OBT sling who arrived smaller than expected 3/4 of an inch and have in a 4x4 enclosure, same as my juvenile T albo, but I've heard that with old worlds housing them in larger containers is ok due to the risk of re housing.

vicareux

A. geniculata worship cult member
In the very least, expect it to reach 3-4 inches in about a year, if not reach maturity in case of a male.
Yeah i'd house them in a larger enclosure than a 4x4, not only that you reduce the number of rehouses, but they will take all the space you offer them in the enclosure pretty quick.

DomGom TheFather

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
Pretty dang fast.
As said, males may hook out in under 12 months. The 4x4 will be fine for a little while but it won't be long before you're rehousing.

Last edited:

Liquifin

Arachnoking
They grow quite fast in about a year. I had mature males within a year and about a year and a half, all my females were mature ranging 4''-5''.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I just received my OBT sling who arrived smaller than expected 3/4 of an inch and have in a 4x4 enclosure, same as my juvenile T albo, but I've heard that with old worlds housing them in larger containers is ok due to the risk of re housing.
always give OWs more space than you think.

Container size itself doesn’t kill Ts

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
The container can work for now, like said, you’ll just have to rehouse sooner than later. I don’t recall. Mine is about 4in now and is due for it’s final enclosure after it’s upcoming molt.